Ready....set.... CHANGE YOUR PLANS AGAIN! (A September 2019 PTR)

hakunamomtata

Disnerd Extraordinaire
Howdy everyone!

My family and I are making yet another trek down to WDW this September. A mere 113 (ish) days away! Originally, we planned to go in late September to avoid the opening of SWGE, as Disney declared the opening would be "late fall". Then they changed it to..."fall". Well.... I figured going less than a week after "fall" officially starts would mean we would be safe. HA!

So the theme of this entire trip has been.... how many wrenches can Disney throw into my plans?

First, they decided to open SWGE a month before we get there. Which meant.... instead of low crowd planning mode, I had to kick it into at least moderate crowd planning mode. And we ALL know those are two completely different things.

Next, they decided that EMH would be in every dang park EVERY MORNING (besides Epcot... yes, I know.)

And now, they've completely gutted the FP tier system at HS. Which completely throws off my entire plan yet again. SIGH!

*Note: I am a SAHM and planning our trips is basically what keeps me sane, so even though I like to gripe about it.... at least I have something to do, HA!*

A SNAPSHOT OF OUR TRIP:

When: 9/26-10/3
Where: Art of Animation - Cars Suites
Who: 4 adults, 2 kids.
What: Park Hoppers and Dining Plan!

Let's do a short intro of the "whos" on our adventure!

Me: HI! My name is Jen, I'm a mum of two tornados boys. I'm the Disney planning pro of the family, so everyone's trips are always in my hands. I wouldn't have it any other way!

My husband: Shaun. He loves Disney, and he loves food and beer. Typical husband, really. He works a ton so he likes to think we will relax on our vacations.... but he knows better by now. LOL

Our oldest son, Gavin. He's 8, he's wild, and his energy NEVER ends. He's been to Disney 4 times, this trip being his 5th. He's a travel guru and prides himself on correcting people in the parks when they're talking about things that make absolutely no sense regarding Disney World.

Our youngest son, Logan. He's 3, he's also wild, and he's a clone of his older brother. He's been to Disney twice already.. once in my tummy, and once last year just before he turned 2.

My mum and Dad, Lisa and Mike. They've NEVER been to Disney, so I'm thrilled to show them the world! My mum is a huge animal lover, so AK will be a big focus for us. My dad loves history stuff, and I'm excited to show him the Hall of Presidents because I am super nerdy and it's one of my favorite shows at WDW. Ha!

So I'll do a quick breakdown of my current plans, then as time goes on I'll post updates and the 9029923759 changes that I'll be making between now and when we go. PHEW!

Day 1: Travel Day / Epcot

Plane leaves here around 5:30AM, we arrive at MCO at 1PM. Magical express, hooray!

Breakfast: Airport (starbucks slurge!)
Lunch: Landscape of Flavors (AOA)
Dinner: Epcot QS (havent decided where and probably won't until we're there LOL)

*This day we're just gonna fly by the seat of our pants. I'll have a few FPs in place, of course. We'll be doing Rider Switch quite a bit since Logan isn't tall enough for most anything, anyway. I'm assuming we'll be exhausted and just wander around, look at the countries and grab a quick bite then be in bed by 7PM...lol*

Day 2: Magic Kingdom

B: BOG 7:40AM
L: Liberty Tree Tavern 12:15
D: QS (Probably back at AoA unless we wander off to Disney Springs or back over to Epcot)

My plan is to take advantage of the extra magic hours in the mornings, since both our kids are early risers anyway as well as us. So we'll probably get to MK around 7, go on 7DMT, Barnstormer, grab a quick breakfast (pre ordering and honestly just using a couple QS and sharing. My sons are NOT breakfast eaters, and they'll be happy with the pastries. My husband and I will share Gaston's feast (I'm not big on breakfast, either) and my mum and dad will probably get their own meals. We'll have the refillable mugs, and plan to do a coffee stop on our way out of the resort every morning. We'll have a stroller for Logan, and it has a decent size bin under his seat, so once they're empty we'll just toss them in there. Honestly, I'm not thrilled about breakfast at BOG but my parents want to see it and have never been.... and breakfast isn't something we care much about, so dropping in and only wasting one QS on it isn't a horrible thing.

After breakfast (planning to be out of there by 8... I'm serious when I say I don't plan on spending ANY time in there at all, LOL) we'll hop on the Journey Under the Sea and then we'll head into Tomorrowland. Then it's Space Mountain, Buzz's Space Ranger Spin, The Carousel of Progress. After this, I wanna shop on Main Street a bit and just browse the shops. By this time I figure the parks will be open to the public (eek!) and we'll be moving into Adventureland. First we'll hit the Jungle Cruise. Then I'll have a FP waiting for Pirates. If crowds aren't insane, I'll switch it out for something else later in the day. Next is the Tiki Room! (*Shocker alert*) I've never been to see this! Somehow I've managed to skip it every time, so I'm VERY excited about seeing it this time around. Then we'll have a FP for Splash Mountain, and use rider switch since Logan won't be going on with us. We'll hit BTMRR with another FP/RS combo, then head into the Hall Of Presidents (YAYYAYAYAY). Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern is next! So excited for this!

After lunch we'll hit up Haunted Mansion, and probably meander down Main Street before heading back to the hotel for naps and relaxing.

*I'm thinking this night we may just chill by the pool, and perhaps scoot down to Disney Springs just for Earl of Sandwich and some leisure shopping. We'll see!*

That's it for now... I'll add the rest of our days in the next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter