Reagan National Airport questions

TikiBirdMan

Earning My Ears
Good morning! My family is headed to Disney in January and we are flying out of Reagan National (DCA) on a Saturday morning at 7am. Has anyone flown recently and can attest to the security wait? The 1st hotel shuttle leaves at 5:10am and it is a 5 minute trip to the airport. I am a 2 hour minimum arrival person but wondering if arriving at 5:20 for a 7am flight is too risky and just take an Uber. We typically fly out of Philly so not familiar with DCA. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I’ve found the new security area at Reagan to be really annoying vs. how they used to have it set up. But agree that it’s a smaller airport and you should be fine.

Which airline/terminal are you flying with? This is a huge factor at DCA.. Terminal A has its own smaller security checkpoint, while Terminals B+C and D+E have much larger consolidated security checkpoints that can get very busy and congested during peak travel periods..

Which airline/terminal are you flying with? This is a huge factor at DCA.. Terminal A has its own smaller security checkpoint, while Terminals B+C and D+E have much larger consolidated security checkpoints that can get very busy and congested during peak travel periods..
Thx. That’s the big question. Watching rates with Southwest vs American. Who ever drops next it will be. Southwest is A American is
That’s the big question right now. I’m watching Southwest and American. Southwest is in terminal A. American C-E. Which ever one drops first gets the booking. Thx for the info.

Thx. That’s the big question. Watching rates with Southwest vs American. Who ever drops next it will be. Southwest is A American is

That’s the big question right now. I’m watching Southwest and American. Southwest is in terminal A. American C-E. Which ever one drops first gets the booking. Thx for the info.
IMHO, I would book with American, especially since DCA is a hub for American.. More flight options and less of a chance for major delays/cancellations.. Also, IMHO, I find terminals C-E at DCA to be much more enjoyable (much larger/nicer/newer) than terminal A which is very small, dated, and congested.

IMHO, I would book with American, especially since DCA is a hub for American.. More flight options and less of a chance for major delays/cancellations.. Also, IMHO, I find terminals C-E at DCA to be much more enjoyable (much larger/nicer/newer) than terminal A which is very small, dated, and congested.
That is my preference as well. I hate the scramble for seats on SW. Even with early bird it is still a pain with a family of 4.

AA I got $99 main cabin for return flight. Down price went from $193 to $109 basic economy ($139 main cabin). Hoping for one more drop. 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter