Realistic plan for a solo traveler?

katyringo

DIS Veteran
So my goal on my solo trip is to see as much as the new 50th anniversary as possible. I am a rope drop and go until midnight person. I like it that way. That being said. I want to have a realistic plan. Soooo… feedback on my plan appreciated. I have the hopper but do not want to change epcot and HS as my reservations because of Remy and Rise virtual que.. I do plan to purchase Genie plus and will not mind to pay for 2 ride accesses per day.

Day 1:
Flight lands at 11am. ME to all star movies.
Bus to Disney springs. (Meal, Gideon’s, and world of Disney)
Leave Disney springs by 4-5pm. Bus to resort.
Change clothes and bus to MK for Christmas party! Can enter MK at 7. Watch 50th fireworks before the party.

day 2- Epcot reservations (asssuming 11am opening). Remy virtual que/ book soarin’ via genie plus..
Probably Uber to Rivera resort
730-830: breakfast at topolino’s /look around Rivera resort.
Skyliner to Epcot by 9-930. Can early enter at 1030.
epcot goals: festival holidays, soarin’, new Remy ride, walk around world show case.

2-3pm: hop to AK. Goal is to see tree of life at night. Single rider Everest. Maybe FOP- pay to upgrade. Have a snack at AK. Maybe catch the new kite show or festival lion king (not musts).

AK closes at 7- head back to Epcot. Watch harmonious and see Epcot 50th lights.

Day 3- HS day
Rope drop HS/ use genie plus. Assuming 9am opening- can enter at 830.
HS musts: Star Wars land, MMRR, tower of terror, beauty and the beast show. See 50th lights and art of animation projection show.

option: park hop in the afternoon to MK to say goodby to the castle. Be back to HS by 8pm for projection show for 9pm closing.

day 4
Flight leaves Orlando at 10am.

Sounds very doable to me. Day 2 is kinda nuts, but can be done.

This sounds like an amazing trip! Based on what’s known today, it seems doable. The one thing I would asterisk (as you probably know) is that park hopping takes a super long time even if you Uber, but especially when relying on Disney transportation. So for example on day 3, if you’re leaving HS just to see Cinderella castle one last time, it could take you more than 60 minutes each way depending on where you are in each park, whether you get a bus right away and it has room on it, etc..

But then again, I’ve done a solo day where I started at AK, ate lunch at Epcot, headed to MK, and then decided to return for more Food and Wine Festival goodies at Epcot to close. If I were with someone else, it might be nuts to drag them along on a whim… but that’s just what I felt like doing!

This sounds like an amazing trip! Based on what’s known today, it seems doable. The one thing I would asterisk (as you probably know) is that park hopping takes a super long time even if you Uber, but especially when relying on Disney transportation. So for example on day 3, if you’re leaving HS just to see Cinderella castle one last time, it could take you more than 60 minutes each way depending on where you are in each park, whether you get a bus right away and it has room on it, etc..

But then again, I’ve done a solo day where I started at AK, ate lunch at Epcot, headed to MK, and then decided to return for more Food and Wine Festival goodies at Epcot to close. If I were with someone else, it might be nuts to drag them along on a whim… but that’s just what I felt like doing!

yes this is unknown territory for me as I haven’t park hopped at WDW before. With the fam we stick to one park a day. I have heard the plan for an hour rule tho so that’s kinda the time frame I’m keeping in mind. Going to MK the last day isn’t a must.. also depends on what I can fit in during Christmas party. I am also stalking southwest to see if the price drops on the later evening flights for my departure day.. I’m not opposed to adding a 3rd day to my ticket before I fly out…

One hour between parks is a good estimate. Especially if you're on a schedule.

I agree with you, one of the advantages of a solo trip is being able to park hop. I actually enjoy the travel time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter