Realistic Timing Bus from All Star Sports to Wilderness Lodge

jbcole82

Earning My Ears
Hello! Our plane arrives on Sept 4 at 5:05 p.m. We are staying at ASSp that night bc I added on a night late due to flight schedule...we move to CBR the next day with free dining. Since it's our only night not on DDP, we want to go to Artist Point. Realistically, how long will it take us to get from ASSp to Artist Point using the bus transfer at DTD? I know Magical Express takes about 1.5 hrs, but I've never stayed at ASSp so no idea on the rest. I know a lot of people don't do ADRs on arrival day, but we're not really interested in just hanging around ASSp, and we don't have park entry that day. Thanks so much!

I don't think DTD would be the best transfer point for you. I'd take a bus to MK and then boat to WL, or a bus to AK (assuming it's not right during closing-- but you might be arriving too late) and then a bus to WL since AK is close to your resort.

Either way, I'd allow at least an hour and a half. The transportation at Disney is a nice perk, but it's not the most efficient for going resort-to-resort.

An easier option might be for you to find a nice dinner at DTD instead of Artist Point so that you wouldn't have to transfer buses. Unless you have your heart set on Artist Point, of course...

I agree with si-am. Bus from ASSp to MK, walk to dock in front of MK gate, then take the boat to Wilderness Lodge (there's a sign posted). That trip might be up to 60 minutes, including wait time for an MK bus at your resort. After dinner, it's possible that MK will be closed. However, the buses run about 1 to 1-1/2 hrs after park close. Boats should also be running. If your dinner goes past that time, then seriously consider a taxi back to your resort. The wait for a DTD bus at Wilderness Lodge, then a far trip to DTD, then another bus from DTD to ASSp, and you'll be spending an agonizing amount of time. It's hard to describe just how far apart everything at WDW is. But trust us, you don't want to do the DTD transfer.

The best idea would be to go by taxi both ways, to dinner and return. My alternate suggestion would be a wonderful dinner at Boma or Jiko at Animal Kingdom lodge. That's very close to ASSp, and a taxi would be modest cost. Animal Kingdom park will already be closed by your arrival time at ASSp, so no bus service.

I agree with MK then boat to get there. The boat should be running to get you back to mk and then to your resort, just ask what time the boat stops running but it should be the same 90 minutes as the buses run.

Definitely agree with previous posters, there's nothing slower than a DTD bus. Bus to MK then boat to WL is best option, but still going to take you at least an hour. Another option: instead of waiting for MK bus, hop onto first park bus that rolls into ASSp, then change buses at that park to WL. We've done ME before but usually rent a car, you can save hours of travel time if you are planning to visit other resorts.

Thanks! Since we start the dining plan the next day, we already have our favorite one credit tables booked (Boma, etc.) We really do love Artist Point--I know it's a hassle, but we have had such great meals there and love the beautiful lodge atmosphere. Thank you for the tip on taking the bus to MK first. I hadn't thought of that as we haven't stayed at AASp and have always just gone to the lodge from one of the parks. Our other thought was just going to Raglan Road, but then we'll miss out on our signature meal night... such a hard decision! :)

Another vote for taking a taxi. I would be careful about booking an ADR on arrival night though. If get hit with flight delays you could miss your ADR and would have to pay the $10pp no-show fee.

Another vote for taking a taxi. I would be careful about booking an ADR on arrival night though. If get hit with flight delays you could miss your ADR and would have to pay the $10pp no-show fee.

I agree with both points.

If your flight is delayed even a bit, you may arrive at your hotel for check in well after 7:00pm. Then you have to get to your dinner, even with a taxi it's risky.

I understand you have fond memories of Artist Point, but I would urge you to think hard on this one. You are already arriving in the evening.

One time Magical Express took me well over two hours from landing to getting to the BWI. The kids and I were waiting in line to board the bus for so long that I came very close to stepping out of the line to get a taxi.

I wouldn't book an ADR for less than 3 hours after your scheduled arrival time. Or, if it is worth the money, pay for a town car to pick you up at the airport. That way you know you are looking at around a 90 minute time frame.

I would suggest that you plan to arrive at ASSp not less than 2 hours after your landing time. Then add another hour to get to Artist Point and add in 30 minutes of a cushion. So you are looking at an ADR time of approx. 8:30pm. This does not factor in checking in to your room and dropping off any bags that you have.

With all the good advise provided from everyone, are you willing to pay the no show fee if something goes wrong?

I agree that if it's really important, book a town car to take you right away from the airport. It would save a lot of time, and it's a nice service (we've used them multiple times)! Let Disney handle your luggage, and get checked in, or simply head straight to WL (as long as you don't have a large carry on to lug around)!

Thanks! Since we start the dining plan the next day, we already have our favorite one credit tables booked (Boma, etc.) We really do love Artist Point--I know it's a hassle, but we have had such great meals there and love the beautiful lodge atmosphere. Thank you for the tip on taking the bus to MK first. I hadn't thought of that as we haven't stayed at AASp and have always just gone to the lodge from one of the parks. Our other thought was just going to Raglan Road, but then we'll miss out on our signature meal night... such a hard decision! :)
The bus to MK is good, but if you have just missed the boat, it would be faster to take the bus to WL. The bus ride is five minutes long and the WL buses come frequently. When we want to go to WL from another resort we usually take a taxi. It costs about $13 - $15 and really worth it. :)

I was actually wondering the same thing. DH and I are staying at ASMu for one night before we start our stay at WL and were wondering which would be the best way to get to WL in the morning to check in. In the end we decided that we will take a taxi. For around $15 we would get there much faster and we would have our luggage with us so we wouldn't have to worry about getting it later in the day after we come back from the parks. Saving a lot of time alone is worth the $15 taxi ride. I definitely would take a taxi. As much as I like using the buses, for an ADR at another resort, I'd go with a taxi in case something happens with the buses that could possibly delay you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter