• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Realistically, when do think Disney will no longer require masks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the vaccines are approved for use in children. Pfizer is 16 and up. Modern a and J & J 18 and up. Like adults, most cases are mild in children. However parents should note the symptoms of MIS-C, the rare and serious syndrome seen post covid and on the rise in children.

I'm talking about WHEN younger kids can get the vaccine. Some were saying masks should stay until kids are vaccinated which could never be a big percentage.

I’m signed up to get shot one on Friday (Moderna). Not happy about it but work for DoD so not much choice. Less happy that getting fully vaccinated isn’t going to change a darn thing.
Yep & that’s one of the biggest issues that ppl have. If you’re not high risk or mandated to get the vaccine, some ppl would rather take their chances with Covid if getting the vaccine won’t change restrictions.

This is some really exciting real-world data from Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. Their employees all get COVID tested weekly, so it's a good environment to assess not just the vaccines' ability to prevent not only illness, severe illness and hospitalization, but also asymptomatic infections. In short, during the study period, 234 of 8969 employees who had not yet been vaccinated became infected with COVID (2.61%); 112 of 6144 partially vaccinated employees became infected (1.82%), and FOUR of 8121 fully vaccinated employees became infected (0.05%). That's super encouraging and makes me very hopeful that if we can keep the pace of vaccinations going, we can look forward to things returning to something like a "new normal" by fall. That said, I still think we'll see masks at Disney through the end of this year. And honestly, if I had to choose something to happen first, I'd rather they bring back more restaurants, shows, fireworks and other things that make the Disney magic before eliminating mask requirements.

That's exciting news from Texas. Thank you for sharing those findings. I agree, I would rather them open up more restaurants and shows before eliminating the mask requirement. In my opinion, I think they will keep the mask requirement until a vaccine is approved and available for distribution in children.

They will follow the CDC guidelines on masks. I agree that social distancing will be lessoned and capacity will increase before masks leave. After vaccines are available for everyone, the rate of infection should go down. Once they are available for all, including children, and easy to get, I hope the CDC will change its guidelines.

I'm watching the Universal properties closely; it wouldn't surprise me if Universal drops their outdoor mask mandate sometime in the next few weeks. Once Universal makes the first move, it will force Disney's hand & they will follow suit quickly. I'm more of a Disney fan, but if I had the choice of going to a park in Florida with an outdoor mask mandate vs. relaxed rules, I'm going with the relaxed rules park.

I'm by no means an anti-masker and I respect Disney's right to impose rules in their house. But truthfully, masks in a hot crowded theme park just plain suck. If I were paranoid about getting sick, I wouldn't be at a theme park anyway.

Well, if your mother is 65+, then yes, it's easier for them, which it should be. However, my in-laws, 70s & 80s, just got their first last week. They are in North Texas. Technically, not anyone can get it according to the state until Monday; however, I know that some places in Texas have less restrictions due to supply/demand, which is fine. There's a huge demand in Austin, and we just aren't getting a ton of supply for the demand. Oh well, my Disney training will hopefully pay off when I have to start monitoring multiple pharmacy sites starting tomorrow to look for availability. I have also registered for a couple of hubs that contact you when you can sign up. Looking at the state and CDC, it looks like supplies will be increasing to Texas, but they don't seem to be increasing much to Central Texas yet. Hopefully, I can get started sometime early summer.
But my husband and I got it as well and we are in our 50's. Actually, my son lives in Austin, but he drove here to get the vaccine. He alternates staying here with us for weeks then going back to his apartment for a few weeks. So he is staying here until his 2nd dose. Here is the link if you want to drive to Longview. Plenty of shots available here.
https://vaccinate.christushealth.org/longview

I’m signed up to get shot one on Friday (Moderna). Not happy about it but work for DoD so not much choice. Less happy that getting fully vaccinated isn’t going to change a darn thing.

I work for them as well but I haven’t heard anything about it being basically mandated. I totally agree, if getting the jab was gonna let us party like it was 2019 then yeah. But not a dang thing changes with it, still same ole restrictions. So I’m gonna pass on getting it.

I work for them as well but I haven’t heard anything about it being basically mandated. I totally agree, if getting the jab was gonna let us party like it was 2019 then yeah. But not a dang thing changes with it, still same ole restrictions. So I’m gonna pass on getting it.
We'll be able to open more things up as people get vaccinated. People doing what you're talking about will just delay everything for no good reason.

I'm watching the Universal properties closely; it wouldn't surprise me if Universal drops their outdoor mask mandate sometime in the next few weeks. Once Universal makes the first move, it will force Disney's hand & they will follow suit quickly. I'm more of a Disney fan, but if I had the choice of going to a park in Florida with an outdoor mask mandate vs. relaxed rules, I'm going with the relaxed rules park.

I'm by no means an anti-masker and I respect Disney's right to impose rules in their house. But truthfully, masks in a hot crowded theme park just plain suck. If I were paranoid about getting sick, I wouldn't be at a theme park anyway.

I am waiting for Florida to drop it’s state of emergency first. Since when that drops accommodations will have to be dealt with for those that can’t wear them.

We'll be able to open more things up as people get vaccinated. People doing what you're talking about will just delay everything for no good reason.
I just don’t see that to be the case, I will believe it when I see it. Until I’m forced to get it, it will be a thanks but no thanks every time. But to get around people like me they will start the vaccine passports. They will make it where you have to get the shot to enjoy...you know....your freedom.

I just don’t see that to be the case, I will believe it when I see it. Until I’m forced to get it, it will be a thanks but no thanks every time. But to get around people like me they will start the vaccine passports. They will make it where you have to get the shot to enjoy...you know....your freedom.
Just had this discussion with a friend. So I have been traveling as I please since last June - no problem... no vaccine even available.... but now that there is one I have to get it to travel, just like I was before? I don't think so LOL

Why won't you just get the vaccine? It's a very small thing to do in order to help end this pandemic.

Just had this discussion with a friend. So I have been traveling as I please since last June - no problem... no vaccine even available.... but now that there is one I have to get it to travel, just like I was before? I don't think so LOL

I know right...my thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter