Realistically, when do think Disney will no longer require masks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, seems pretty cut and dry...I don’t want it. I suggest you worry about yourself and not what I choose to do or not do.
The joys of choice, I dont blieve they will ever make it mandatory to travel. I just think people will not care or feel bad if unvaccinated people get sick and hospitalized because they made the choice not to take it (obv unless you cant get it due to medical reasons). Other than that I say sept we lose the mandates and slow roll back to "normal"

Nothing universal has done has "forced disney's hand" so far.

True, but they compete SO vigorously and both properties were so deeply affected by the shutdowns that I know both are eager to drop anything that is keeping bodies (and dollars) out of the gates. I'm sure they'll increase capacity before dropping the mandate, but there's no denying masks are a huge headache and are turning Cast Members into enforcement police (which nobody likes).

I work for them as well but I haven’t heard anything about it being basically mandated. I totally agree, if getting the jab was gonna let us party like it was 2019 then yeah. But not a dang thing changes with it, still same ole restrictions. So I’m gonna pass on getting it.

I was voluntold due to my position by our director, and I’m stuck in Italy so not feeling like it’s much of a choice. I seriously hate these people so much and am considering an early out. In any event, won’t mean much since they don’t even have the vaccine going in Italy for the most part. This coming weekend we can’t leave the house for three days. Life will continue to suck. But I get to try a barely tested vaccine. Yay me.

True, but they compete SO vigorously and both properties were so deeply affected by the shutdowns that I know both are eager to drop anything that is keeping bodies (and dollars) out of the gates. I'm sure they'll increase capacity before dropping the mandate, but there's no denying masks are a huge headache and are turning Cast Members into enforcement police (which nobody likes).
Although the mask sales in meantime make them money, I hate the trendy masks and styling them as a part of your outfit like its normal

I was voluntold due to my position by our director, and I’m stuck in Italy so not feeling like it’s much of a choice. I seriously hate these people so much and am considering an early out. In any event, won’t mean much since they don’t even have the vaccine going in Italy for the most part. This coming weekend we can’t leave the house for three days. Life will continue to suck. But I get to try a barely tested vaccine. Yay me.

Ouch, that stinks big time I’m state side thank goodness.

I don't know why people keep asking this, Bob Chapek has publicly stated that he expects the mask policy to remain in place throughout 2021 and *hopefully* ease up in 2022

a vaccination is not a magic cure all to making this pandemic go away, yes it will sure help but no one has any idea on the long term efficacy of the vaccine or how well it works against all of the emerging variants.
Not personally directed as you, but this quote needs to stop being repeated. Chapek's comment was on February 11. As has already been stated in this thread - things with Covid are changing rapidly.

A comment that was made almost 2 months ago is pretty much obsolete as far as current events and timelines go.

Although the mask sales in meantime make them money, I hate the trendy masks and styling them as a part of your outfit like its normal
LOL! I have not, and refuse to spend a penny on masks. I use disposable ones that I pick up for free.

Not personally directed as you, but this quote needs to stop being repeated. Chapek's comment was on February 11. As has already been stated in this thread - things with Covid are changing rapidly.

A comment that was made almost 2 months ago is pretty much obsolete as far as current events and timelines go.
Masks are going to be around for a while.

What you do has an effect on others. This is the type of thinking that got us in to this mess.
Well, soft of. According to most sources, everyone should be able to be vaccinated that wants to within a few months.

At that point, non-vaccinated people can give the virus to everybody - but vaccinated people and kids both are likely to have mild symptoms only, at worst.

If a voluntarily-non-vaccinated person makes another voluntarily-non-vaccinated person sick, then I, for one, am not going to feel bad at all.

Maybe I'm just an ******...

Well, soft of. According to most sources, everyone should be able to be vaccinated that wants to within a few months.

At that point, non-vaccinated people can give the virus to everybody - but vaccinated people and kids both are likely to have mild symptoms only, at worst.

If a voluntarily-non-vaccinated person makes another voluntarily-non-vaccinated person sick, then I, for one, am not going to feel bad at all.

Maybe I'm just an ******...
What about immunocompromised people? They would still be susceptible to the virus even after people are vaccinated. That's why reaching herd immunity is so important. People choosing not to get vaccinated due to some warped selfish version of freedom does not help us hit that goal.

What about immunocompromised people? They would still be susceptible to the virus even after people are vaccinated. That's why reaching herd immunity is so important. People choosing not to get vaccinated due to some warped selfish version of freedom does not help us hit that goal.
Doesn't reopening things contribute to allowing herd immunity to even happen?? And for those against something calling them selfish doesn't seem productive , you have no idea why someone chooses not to

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter