Reallocating transferred points

momhmmx2

Life is a gift...Have Fun!
I have an existing reservation in January. My friend has Use or Lose points that expire at the end of January.

Can she transfer those points to me, and then I reallocate those points in to my existing reservation?

Thanks!

If the points have been banked your friend cannot transfer them. All the rules about transfer would apply for both of you. I would believe MS could exchange the points for the ones you are using.

The dates of your january trip would also have to be available for booking at time of re allocation.

MS has issues with transferred points. The transaction will probably require a manager to make it happen, even then I would make sure to record your account and point balances prior to them touching your account.

We used transferred points one time and MS caused us to loose a CL reservation while they tried to figure out how to use transferred points.

:earsboy: Bill

I am very nervous with any "reallocation". Whether it is with regular or transferred points, whenever MS has to go in and do something manually there is a chance of losing your reservation. I always get a manager to assist with any unusal requests as of lately they are the only ones who seem to know what they are doing. Personally, I don't reallocate unless it is a reservation I am willing to lose.

The only way you can re allocate is if the reservation is available at time of re allocation. just book it with the points you want to use and then cancel the original. No way to lose it.

The only way you can re allocate is if the reservation is available at time of re allocation. just book it with the points you want to use and then cancel the original. No way to lose it.
That's not true. You can reallocate as long as you're not breaking the home resort advantage. If you bought a new contract with banked points and want to free up some current year points, you can do that.

That's not true. You can reallocate as long as you're not breaking the home resort advantage. If you bought a new contract with banked points and want to free up some current year points, you can do that.

So if I book something in 16 at SSR in the 11 month window, and there is no longer availability, and 2 days later I bank some 15 SSR points to 16, your saying MS will re allocate the points used for the reservation with out cancel re book? That's news to me. I'll be asking next time I call. I don't think so. (SSR is a bad reference since they are rarely ever not available, but you get the point)

Either way, this still has nothing to do with the topic being discussed of being afraid of losing a reservation.

So if I book something in 16 at SSR in the 11 month window, and there is no longer availability, and 2 days later I bank some 15 SSR points to 16, your saying MS will re allocate the points used for the reservation with out cancel re book?
Yes.

As mentioned, if the points are use/lose, there is a chance that they can not be transferred. If they were points just not banked, and will now expire, yes, you can ask MS to free up your points to use the new ones, providing they are the eligible. If your reservation was booked during home resort advantage, then the points have to be the same resort. If you booked 7 months or less, then it doesn't matter the resort. Good luck!

I did exactly this on a reservation earlier this year. I had a VGF reservation booked, bought a resale contact with banked points, and was able to easily do a reallocation after even the 7 month window when nothing was available.

If you booked at the 11 month advantage you can only reallocate with the same resort points...unless there is a reservation available (open), to rebook a new reservation.

If you booked at the 11 month advantage you can only reallocate with the same resort points...unless there is a reservation available (open), to rebook a new reservation.
Technically true but in some cases one can do the same thing by reserving days with new points and cancelling days out of the current reservation. The wait list works well for this at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter