Really Bizarre Question

18sprint

Mouseketeer
Really bored today, so I am looking at our DVC reservations for May. 4 nights at the Poly then onto a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy. Somehow, I got redirected to the regular Disney website (disney.go) and I notice there is something in my Shopping Cart. I click on it and see our Poly reservations and it's asking me to check out, with a dollar value of course. I'm in a panic. Now, keeping in mind that I am getting old and I usually look up the dollar value of our DVC stays, I am assuming that I put in our dates to see what it would cost cash-wise so I can record it in my tracking spreadsheet.....but I don't remember. Dang it. Is it safe to assume that if I remove the Poly reservation that's in my shopping cart that this will not have an effect on our DVC reservations? I have certainly NOT completed any transactions on the Disney.go site to stay at the Poly.....only DVC.

Really bored today, so I am looking at our DVC reservations for May. 4 nights at the Poly then onto a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy. Somehow, I got redirected to the regular Disney website (disney.go) and I notice there is something in my Shopping Cart. I click on it and see our Poly reservations and it's asking me to check out, with a dollar value of course. I'm in a panic. Now, keeping in mind that I am getting old and I usually look up the dollar value of our DVC stays, I am assuming that I put in our dates to see what it would cost cash-wise so I can record it in my tracking spreadsheet.....but I don't remember. Dang it. Is it safe to assume that if I remove the Poly reservation that's in my shopping cart that this will not have an effect on our DVC reservations? I have certainly NOT completed any transactions on the Disney.go site to stay at the Poly.....only DVC.
I think you'd be safe to do so. Cash reservations of DVC rooms come from completely separate inventory than DVC points reservations do.

One has nothing to do with the other. Remove it from your cart. As you said you probably added it to do a cash comparison (I do that all the time).

I do this all the time when I book Disney Vacation Club rooms. I go to the Disney sites to see what the cash reservation would be with any discounts. They always end up saving my cart and sending multiple emails to finish checking out. No impact on your Disney Vacation Club reservation.

Last edited:

Thank you all for the responses. I deleted the items in my cart and, thankfully, it
did not affect my DVC reservations. I'll be alot more carefull in the future!

Thank you all for the responses. I deleted the items in my cart and, thankfully, it
did not affect my DVC reservations. I'll be alot more carefull in the future!
Disney's site is terrible in the fact it retains all the info even if you don't want it to. IF you price a resort out and then go all the way to see total costs (including taxes) it kinda keeps it in the cart. I get travel providers want to keep you in the dark of total cost....but for the love of Figment show me the full price. I have several times prices several resorts and ended up at checkout with a total bill of $20k.....because I had 4 rooms for the same time frame for 2 people. Are people that easily fooled?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter