Really? Come on Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I took out of the article that was written WAY back in October 2022 is that the author does understand DAS and appears to even be a user of it, the problem being discussed in the article wasn't about users it was about abusers of the system and the need to possibly tighten/refine it.
I felt bad about the sort of chides you were receiving. They didn't seem warranted. The article was featured, and it is only 4 months old.
Anyway if it's an off limits topic and discussion maybe the dis needs to delete the article off it's site.

That's not really what I got out of it but there was already a 9 page thread about this article that addressed the issues I have with it. I just think articles like this will cause more people to give DAS users grief especially those with a non physical disability.
Not sure if you looked above or not but I know nothing about a 9 page thread about the article, I never even saw the article until today wence it showed up as the first article under the NEW and UPDATES panel on my page which I guess the ole country boy here mistakenly just assumed meant it was in fact either news or an update and could therefore be discussed without searching the archives or algorithms (whatver they are) Has anyone advised the author who I assume is a frequent contributor here about such offense being directed at their take on the subject? Nobody commented on the article page.

honestly if Disney is allowing a no questions asked no documentation necessary to use the program then they invite the abuse of it.
Disney is legally hamstrung on this point because of US health privacy regulations. The cannot require documentation.

honestly if Disney is allowing a no questions asked no documentation necessary to use the program then they invite the abuse of it.

It is not "no questions asked," and it is against the law to require documentation. Even if it were legal to require documentation, it is ridiculously easy to get a doctor's note.

In addition to being old, the article is full of misinformation, half-truths, and outright lies.

Do I believe abusers of the system exist? Sure. But there are going to be people abusing any system. I'd rather see a few people get an accommodation they don't need than see even one person not get an accommodation they do need.

It is not "no questions asked," and it is against the law to require documentation. Even if it were legal to require documentation, it is ridiculously easy to get a doctor's note.

In addition to being old, the article is full of misinformation, half-truths, and outright lies.

Do I believe abusers of the system exist? Sure. But there are going to be people abusing any system. I'd rather see a few people get an accommodation they don't need than see even one person not get an accommodation they do need.
Agree everyone that needs should get but there is nothing wrong with doing everything possible to make sure that those that don't deserve don't get ..... what if it's way more than a "few" that are abusers, would that change your outlook? Folks acting like the article was written years ago, it's 4 months old and if it's full of misinformation, half truths, and outright lies what are they in particular? This is why things are meant to be discussed not suppressed.

This is why things are meant to be discussed not suppressed.
It's not suppressed, it was already discussed in lengths to the point where it was locked. Your points about misinformation, half truths and outright lies is precisely why it was discussed at length back then. Unfortunately like other topics sometimes you don't get to say how you feel about it in time before that happens.

Exactly. Yet another example of how poorly written the article is. You have people who are ignorant of many of the facts and the law basing their responses for a major park system based on a small number of anecdotes.
If you are referring to HIPPA, that really doesn't pertain ....

When Disney started charging for fast passes the system became ripe for abuse I see on many Facebook groups people soliciting exactly what to say to cast members when doing your video call. Shameful.

I have long had my suspicions that this program is being abused ...... https://www.wdwinfo.com/planning/has-disneys-das-pass-become-a-dasaster/
Article dated October 2022 (contemporary) but the fact that the first sentence contains completely wrong information tells me the author has ZERO credibility as a "travel writer" or user of the program.

Not sure why this article has any purpose here as it is clearly an OPINION (RANT) piece with no value. Too bad DIS has "writers" like this.

Article dated October 2022 (contemporary) but the fact that the first sentence contains completely wrong information tells me the author has ZERO credibility as a "travel writer" or user of the program.

Not sure why this article has any purpose here as it is clearly an OPINION (RANT) piece with no value. Too bad DIS has "writers" like this.
…relax. Zoe is allowed to have her opinion as you are allowed to have yours.

Argue the merits of the article not the author unless you’ve become an editor that I’m not aware of.

…relax. Zoe is allowed to have her opinion as you are allowed to have yours.

Argue the merits of the article not the author unless you’ve become an editor that I’m not aware of.
I am arguing the merits of the article.

She is claiming facts inaccurately, and claiming to have knowledge of abuse which she does not have. Hearing gossip is in no way facts and she provided nothing to back up her claims.

If DIS wants to support her points of view it would be helpful if at the beginning of the article it was clearly stated as an Opinion piece so readers are aware it is just someone complaining and not presenting factual information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter