Really good prime rib?

Epcotgal8

DIS Veteran
I like various cuts of steak, but I am a sucker for really good prime rib. I like it to be tender, juicy, flavorful, and I like it cooked somewhere between medium and medium rare (that is a tough one for me since sometimes I order it medium and it comes out barely pink but then again, sometimes if I order it medium rare it is practically mooing and I want it somewhere in between). At WDW I had good prime rib at the Yachtsman. While I think Le Cellier's filet is awesome, the prime rib was lacking. On our last trip we ate lunch at CRT and while the service was wonderful, and everyone in our party that ordered other things were happy with their food, dh and I were very disappointed in the prime rib. We both ordered it cooked medium and there was no pink in it at all, and I promise it tasted like it had been left over from the night before, put in the microwave, and they put some au jus over it. Neither of us ate much at all which is very rare when you put prime rib in front of us. I've read great reviews of the prime rib at CRT so either it is a lunch issue or we just hit them on an off day. Lots of places have it on their menu including the Kona Cafe. What are y'all's suggestions? TIA!!!

I would recommend the prime rib at the Rose and Crown in the UK at Epcot. I've had it several times and it's always been very good (cooked the way I asked, not too fatty, etc).
I've had several good prime rib meals at CRT, although I do remember one time when it was on the leathery side. ;) I've only been there for dinner though.

I'm not big on Prime Rib but my DH is VERY big on it. Believe it or not, he loves the Prime Rib at the dinner buffet at the Crystal Palace. It's about the only thing he asks me to plan in to each of our trips and he hardly remembers anything else about our trips.

My party are dedicated carnivores and generally feast on the PR at R&C. Although we've never been to Shula's, my guess is that theirs is pretty tasty too.

I love Prime Rib. The Le Cellier prime rib is not that great. Both DH and I agree on this. When I go there, I order the filet, and it is fantastic.

Last trip, Chef Mickey's had a very good prime rib. The had two different carvings, one that was more well done (I like it that way) and one that was on the rarer side. I thought that was pretty cool for a buffet. I also like the prime rib at Cinderella's Royal Table and the Kona Cafe was pretty good also.

We did the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Faire and it was just ok there. In fact, the food at CM was much better and that surprised me.

I hate to be a bearer of bad tidings........

The prime rib is off the menu at Rose & Crown. They've switched over to a rib-eye because they said they were getting complaints about the prime rib being too 'fatty'.

I know that it's supposed to be the same thing, just trimmed a lot more- but it just seems to lose it's flavor for me if I don't get that outer ring of meat. :(

PR was not on the menu at R&C the past few times we were there, but we asked, and they had it:confused:

We asked about it on Saturday night, and we were informed that the rib-eye is as prime ribby as they get now.

The prime rib at Kona is excellent.

My DS1 and DD are going to be bummed that it's no longer being served at R&C. Is the rib-eye grilled?

Go to a restaurant in WDW specializing in meat. Shula's and Yachtman's Steakhouse. I've read good reviews about the prime rib at Kona Café. I'd avoid carving stations at buffets.

Shula's:

largest cut for the $$, not excessively fatty, and cooked perfectly to your request

Note: not cheap!

Rob

Anyone else have opinions on the prime rib at Le Cellier? DW and I are planning to eat there on our upcoming trip. But she doesn't like filet mignon or NY strip, so that pretty much leaves the rib as her only "steak" choice. A few people here have said it's not very good. Should we go somewhere else? Did anyone think the rib was good?

I had the prime rib at Kona's and it was yummy-yummy!

The prime rib is excellent at Boma, and you can have as much as you want. :)

I'll second that!!

DB went up to the prime rib carving station 6 times when we took him to Boma........ :teeth:

He said that he couldn't be bothered with the 'unimportant' stuff- he wanted the prime rib and desserts!!!

I agree the prime rib at Boma was great.

I might have to add Kona to our list of places to eat in August. Is it a regular menu item?

Originally posted by candykisses

I might have to add Kona to our list of places to eat in August. Is it a regular menu item?

Yes, it is.:D

Hi, When BOMA has Prime Rib do they have MASHED potatoes too?? Thanks,Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter