Really worried

I'm so sorry mum to belle, I actually thought this morning when i was ice skating dd to school if you managed to get your flight. We live just down the road from you and as the roads and that was still bad i did wonder. Bless you and i hope you can arrange some thing.:grouphug:

I'm so sorry, really, really hope you can get on the next flight and salvage some of your trip :hug:

oh nooo :scared1:

i know how awful it is bringing the little ones home again from the airport :sad2: the disappointment is terrible :sad2: , get a nice christmas movie, cuddle up on the sofa and munch goodies all day (with the odd little tear fest :hug:)

im so sorry this is happening to you and I really hope something good comes your way to compensate :goodvibes

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

fifi, what time is your flight? everything crossed for you and i hope you get to go :wizard: :hug:

Sorry to hear you didn't manage to get Jenny:sad2:

:grouphug: from us all here.

Hope you can get on another flight soon and still get some of the holiday. You must all be so gutted, what a horrible thing to happen, you 've been planning it for ages and to be let down at the last minute is devestating. I hope Isabelle is ok about it, I think my two would be in tears. Hope some good luck comes your way soon.

Fiona

Edinburgh airport is looking ok juts now an dteh snow was falling off the trees this morning at my bit (Lothianburn on the by-pass) so the swing of 12-16 degrees might just keep it open.

Good luck

Oh Jenny :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've just looked at the airport site and the 14:30 and the 18:05 flights are still scheduled to depart (although that really does mean nothing until they're airborne) so I am really really hoping you've been put on one of these as they're both still showing seats available. I can't imagine how heart-wrenching it must be to have to bring a little one home, the disappointment as an adult is bad enough. :hug:

Fiona ~ still hoping you'll be lucky. :wizard:

Thats so sad!!!!:(...hope you can still get on another flight if thats an option! xxx

Jenny, so sorry, its really upseting when you see how disapointed the wee ones are. Hope you manage to get away or something else planned,

Fiona, airport looking good so as long as you can get to Edinburgh....

Wendy x

Hi guys, thanks for all your kind wishes. :grouphug:

The next flight was due at 2.30pm, meaning an 8 hour wait at the airport with a 4 yr old who's been up since 4.30am :scared1: and no guarantee it would actually depart. The staff weren't sounding very confident about the flights actually going ahead so given that Nan is not in a good way at all and that we would lose at least 1 day of our very short trip (only 2 nights) we decided to come home and try again another day... :sad2:

I think I would have stuck it out at the airport if it had just been Isabelle & me but I know MIL was torn about going in the first place with her Mum so ill so I left it up to her. She wants to go next Christmas instead.

Airmiles have refunded our flights and Disney have said we can change the dates of our trip which may mean we don't lose out financially but, just in case, I have registered a claim with our insurance company.

I'm still checking the websites to see if the flights do go - just to torture myself a bit more! :rolleyes: We took Isabelle to see Santa & his reindeer at a local garden centre but that doesn't really make up for it does it?! Going to get our tree on Sunday, but not feeling very festive right now, tear fests are a-plenty!

Any ideas on what else I can do to make up for the disappointment (aside from re-booking ASAP!!!) I was thinking of getting out Toy Story 3 that we got her for Christmas...

Hi Jenny

We got Toy Story 3 out on Monday night when we came home from the airport, I told Joe that Santa had left it early to make up for not getting to Mickeys House.

Good disney are letting you change dates, they never gave us any options, I called reservations and sent an email, didn't really find them very helpful which disapointed me a bit. We have an excess on our insurance so lost £100.

Wendy x

I'll report back and let you know how I get on. (Really glad I paid a bit extra for a no-excess insurance policy now.)

I see that the 2.30 flight is now boarding. How long do I hold it against MIL that we came home & I'm not on it??? ;) Or DH for making me invite MIL in the first place?!! :rolleyes1

I see that the 2.30 flight is now boarding. How long do I hold it against MIL that we came home & I'm not on it??? ;) Or DH for making me invite MIL in the first place?!! :rolleyes1

oh no i feel so terrible for you i really do. the way i look at it knowing my luck if i stayed at the airport the flights would be cancelled. imagine how cranky isabelle would be anyway having been up that long

Oh noooooo! So sorry to hear you couldn't make your trip - rotten - really rotten.:sad1::headache:: Hugs - :hug::hug::hug:. Hope you have something nice to enjoy right now- Toy Story 3 sounds like a good idea. Good that you had good trip insurance. Honestly I don't think I'd want to battle the weather to get there right now - but I am a weather wimp.:rolleyes:

thats brilliant about changing the dates...so did you phone them up and beg? What did you do?lol...I would like to know for future reference!!!hehe! xxxx

I'm holding it against them too :rolleyes1
Ah no it's a terrible situation for all three of you :guilty:and I know I'd be finding it really difficult to not feel hard done by :guilty:

Maybe just you and Isabelle can have a little new years trip? You never know your next trip could be even better than this one would have been :thumbsup2

More hugs to you anyway :hug:

Oh no I'm gutted that you didn't get away this weekend, but maybe if you had got there you would have got stuck at the other end or something.
It's great that Disney have said you can change the dates, definitely rebook asap! Hope you've got Toy Story out, and that you have an OK evening. Been thinking of you all day :grouphug:

So sorry to hear you did not get away! Great that you can rebook for a different date at least you will have something to look forward to!

Oh no I've just read all the posts, poor you it sounds like a complete nightmare, you must be devastated!!

But, it's great you can just re book and won't have lost the money.

Hope you can get there very soon :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter