Reams Rd. Entrance

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
Nearing the last leg of our drive, just exited 75 onto the Turnpike and will take 429 from there. Google Maps and our car navigation system want us to take a back way and enter WDW property from Reams Rd. (destination is GF). Is that entrance open to the general public? If not we’ll go on down to Western Way, but if traveling backstage is “legal” then we’d like to do that!

Yes, that entrance is open to the public. We live nearby and use it regularly.

Yep, we've been brought in that way too. The only time it was a PITA was at a shift change when traffic got really heavy. Otherwise, it's sort of a neat "semi-backstage" way in

Hey I am looking for a second home near Disney, what is pro/cons to living off reams road vs celebration?
Celebration is a bit pricy. The area off of Reams is not at all touristy. However, traffic has become a bit of an issue during shift change times. Not terrible, but definitely noticeable.

Celebration is a bit pricy. The area off of Reams is not at all touristy. However, traffic has become a bit of an issue during shift change times. Not terrible, but definitely noticeable.
Thanks is the reams road area "newer" area and is it just as close as a drive to the mk?

Thanks is the reams road area "newer" area and is it just as close as a drive to the mk?
Most of the homes on Reams, and the adjacent streets, are a bit newer that Celebration. My home in Summerlake is 5 years old. The drive to the MK is indeed closer than from Celebration. Not that its a great difference.

Most of the homes on Reams, and the adjacent streets, are a bit newer that Celebration. My home in Summerlake is 5 years old. The drive to the MK is indeed closer than from Celebration. Not that its a great difference.
Thanks for the info, what about shops, restaurants etc?

There are a lot of nearby shops and restaurants, with more opening all the time. Having said that, there aren't as many as you would find along 192. Nor is there as much traffic.

I aslo have saw on some forums noise from fireworks being a problem being so close to MK and also what are your thoughts of stucco exterior, most homes I see online in Orlando area seem to have it, being from the Northeast we have been conditioned to stay away from it, please advise.

We don't consider the fireworks noise to be a problem. We hear the MK ones every night but its not obtrusive. Perhaps some of the closer homes would say differently.

Stucco is prevalent around here for the very good reason that the homes are cinder block construction with a layer of stucco on the outside for looks. This method of construction makes sense because its very hurricane resistant and also termite resistant. I'm originally from the northeast (MA) myself and understand your concern. But I'd be more worried about a wood construction here.

Thanks again OKW Lover for the information, I am grateful for your quick responses and knowledge for people like me who are thinking about making the move to the magic.

Thanks p fan, OkW was VERY informative, I will be in Disney in October and plan on taking a ride trough celebration and north of Disney as recommended by another user, can you tell me pros and cons to live in celebration and also I believe they are doing new construction starting next year, any thought info would be welcomed.

I aslo have saw on some forums noise from fireworks being a problem being so close to MK...

I lucky enough to be within earshot of our local train tracks. They used to be only freight trains, but now include the Brightline passenger trains that run between Miami and West Palm Beach. (Eventually, they will run to Orlando.) That new passenger service resulted in 34 additional trains every day. Each one of those trains blows their horn at the nearby rail crossing.

For the first few weeks, that additional noise was beyond annoying. Now that my body has gotten used to it, it barely registers. If you end up moving close enough to Disney World to hear fireworks, you'll probably adjust to that noise fairly easily.

That said, we cautious if you have pets...particularly dogs. Old dogs don't usually learn new tricks. And fireworks might be stressful to some dogs.

Thanks p fan, OkW was VERY informative, I will be in Disney in October and plan on taking a ride trough celebration and north of Disney as recommended by another user, can you tell me pros and cons to live in celebration and also I believe they are doing new construction starting next year, any thought info would be welcomed.
Don't know about planned new construction. We've lived in a condo near (as the crow flies, not directly accessible from our street) the high school for several years; very quiet area and we like it a lot. There are some really nice restaurants and shops in the "downtown" area, and it's close to a Publix supermarket, lots of medical services, and tons of chain restaurants on route 192. Not very close to any shopping malls; Walmart and Target are a few miles away and easy to get to except during rush hour. Biggest con I can think of is traffic; lots of STOP signs, speed limit is only 25mph, and there are major backups around the start and end times at the elementary school. Knowing what we do now we'd definitely buy here again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter