• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reason to be fearful?

Gators, no. I'd agree with you there. Bacteria...well, if it makes you feel more comfortable to say that there's no bacteria in water park water, great, but I'd be fairly certain you're incorrect.

Well at least bacteria that can kill you,I've also read the articles of the real reason your eyes turn red in chlorinated water and that its not the chlorine itself but the reaction of the chlorine mixing with another liquid we have to ignore is in the water park pools or else gross yourself out thinking about it.

You should not be worried about the wildlife in the seven seas lagoon, Disney takes animal control very seriously and will do everything that they can possibly do to ensure guest safety. I personally have not done this but I never worry about the water in Disney World. I would say you should go for it!

Are you from Florida? I'm not, but everyone from Florida says if there is water and you can't see the bottom, there is a gator. This would be a thousand nopes for me.

Are you from Florida? I'm not, but everyone from Florida says if there is water and you can't see the bottom, there is a gator. This would be a thousand nopes for me.
I am not from Florida but I have been in Florida waters and waters very similar and it doesn't bother me much maybe I'm weird but I'm very comfortable in most water.

You will be fine. They do the water sports in deep water. Alligators can't really attack in deep water...they need land to lunge. These are not salt water crocodiles here. The alligators rarely attack anything in deep water, except maybe fish...just not how they naturally hunt.

Also, the bacteria lives in the silt at the bottom of the lake. The most dangerous places are the shallows where, when you wade, you stir up the bacteria. If you fall off your tube in the deep water, you won't hit the bottom. Wear a nose plug if you are really worried, but you will be fine without one.

Not that there is smaller chance of alligators around,but just to clarify,Sammy Duvall uses a "designated area" in Bay Lake,not Seven Seas Lagoon.
Yes I meant to say while tubing in the designated waters. I thought that that was kind of implied since we were talking about the tubing, but thanks for clarifying :)

Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm careless, I actually find it very offensive sorry if you didn't mean it in that way but I took it that way. Yes maybe I am a little more optimistic but if you look at the facts of the situation I believe the water should be safe for tubing would I want to go swimming on the beach no way. I'm using the same rational as DLgal when I'm talking about this situation. They will be in deep water and should be safe. You have a risk but again how many people get attacked by alligators and if you have a cut and are careful and aware you would not get in the water.
I sent you a PM

I would not go in any bodies of water in Florida. Yes, you would probably be safe, but personally I would not be willing to chance it. That's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

With all the areas possible to go tubing in the U.S., Disney/Florida wouldn't be one that I would choose. I've seen too many videos on youtube of alligators on Disney property, including people feeding them. Odds are, nothing will happen, and I'll usually always bet on statistics, but not in this case.

I wouldn't mess around in any bodies of water in Florida, except the ocean.

Yeah...we all know there's nothing bad floating around in the ocean waters... :D ;) Though knowing where you're from, I would agree that the ocean in Florida is a heck of a lot better than Jersey. So comparatively speaking, you're right.

Yeah...we all know there's nothing bad floating around in the ocean waters... :D ;) Though knowing where you're from, I would agree that the ocean in Florida is a heck of a lot better than Jersey. So comparatively speaking, you're right.

lol I get you. I know alligator attacks are rare but it freaks me the eff out. I also know sharks are in the ocean but that doesn't freak me out as much. I guess since I swim in the ocean often I'm desensitized to it.

No way in tarnation would I set my little toe in that water. Nope. Nope. Nope. Hard pass for me.

We have lived in FL since '84' and have been tubing, skiing, swimming, canoeing etc. in lakes, rivers and oceans. Is it 100% safe? No, but you have a far greater chance of getting injured or killed in a car crash then you do by a gator attack.
Yes, if there is a body of water in FL then there is a good chance that a gator is in it. The "rare" gator attacks happen by the edge of the water and not in the middle of a lake. Thousands of Floridians are in the lakes daily during spring and summer and if it was so dangerous you would be reading about it all the time. I have been canoeing on rivers that have gators, I have been golfing and seen gators, so I guess I should not do that either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter