Reasonably priced summer vacation?

katie111

DIS Veteran
Looking for suggestions on a summer vacation destination. We live in the Northeast and have plenty of SW miles to fly to most places or we are willing to drive up to around 12 hours. Family of 5 with kids ages 11, 14, and 15. Want to spend anywhere from 7-10 days. Would like a condo or a nice resort. Also willing to split our time between a couple destinations. We’ve already done Hilton Head, Disney, Universal, Grand Canyon, San Antonio, NYC, Charleston, all of New England, Mayan Riviera, Hershey Park and are going to Anna Maria Island in April.

We usually like active vacations but DD is having arm surgery in May so not sure how much she will be able to do. We like hiking, beaches, water parks, biking, nice pools, etc but once again are not sure what DD will be able to do. We are outdoorsy but definitely not campers. Would like to keep it under around $3500 if possible. Dog friendly would be great too but not required. Any suggestions??

How about San Diego? There are a ton of things to do. You can easily get a condo on home away or the like. There are beaches, Balboa Park with the zoo and lots of neat museums, and a fun city to explore.

We've always enjoyed Amelia Island, FL for a nice beach vacation. I remember there being lots of outdoor activities in the area and there were plenty of good places to eat!

You could do an outdoorsy Florida vacation. Go tubing/swimming in the natural springs, head over to the beach, horseback ride through wilderness, do a bioluminescent kayak tour... there’s tons of things to do that don’t involve theme parks. Since you like water parks, Universal just opened up their Volcano Bay water park if you haven’t seen that yet.

How about the Smoky Mountains...Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

Have you been to Acadia National Park in Maine? Rent a little cottage.

White Mountains...North Conway and Jackson are is beautiful with lots to do.

Yellowstone National Park

Colorado...SW flys into Denver....could road trip around Rocky National Park, soak in the hot springs and even visit Bryce and Zion in Utah.

Sooo many places to see...so little time!

We were like you and struggling with what to do this summer. Our DD15 is big into waterparks, so we decided to take a week and go to Wisconsin Dells! Planning on doing all the waterparks, zip-lining, bumper boats, laser tag, etc. I booked a two bedroom lake condo at Wilderness on the Lake and the total I will be spending (without airfare- using miles) is around $3500.

Have you gone up to the Ausable Chasm? I am itching to go there. On the way you can go to bromley for their summer stuff or farther up (or both) to Stowe for their zip line (again I want to do that). I have a friend that went to the AC last year and they did lots of outdoorsy things.

I just saw on Facebook about a railway near Albany that you pedal your car around the track...6 miles/10 miles...going to try and see if I can squeeze that into this summer...doubtful though!

We were like you and struggling with what to do this summer. Our DD15 is big into waterparks, so we decided to take a week and go to Wisconsin Dells! Planning on doing all the waterparks, zip-lining, bumper boats, laser tag, etc. I booked a two bedroom lake condo at Wilderness on the Lake and the total I will be spending (without airfare- using miles) is around $3500.

I'm sure you're planing to visit Mt. Olympus outdoor water park, and if not, you should. ☺FYI, they have heavily discounted park tickets that get as low as $7 per person (normally around $40). Like this expired page HERE:
They don't have assigned date to visit, use at will. Subscribe to their specials.

Looking for suggestions on a summer vacation destination. We live in the Northeast and have plenty of SW miles to fly to most places or we are willing to drive up to around 12 hours. Family of 5 with kids ages 11, 14, and 15. Want to spend anywhere from 7-10 days. Would like a condo or a nice resort. Also willing to split our time between a couple destinations. We’ve already done Hilton Head, Disney, Universal, Grand Canyon, San Antonio, NYC, Charleston, all of New England, Mayan Riviera, Hershey Park and are going to Anna Maria Island in April.

We usually like active vacations but DD is having arm surgery in May so not sure how much she will be able to do. We like hiking, beaches, water parks, biking, nice pools, etc but once again are not sure what DD will be able to do. We are outdoorsy but definitely not campers. Would like to keep it under around $3500 if possible. Dog friendly would be great too but not required. Any suggestions??
Try a week in a cabin in Rocky Mountain National Park. It's beautiful, and there's lots to drive around and see.

Another vote for Williamsburg! Lots of condos/timeshares in the area, Busch Gardens, Water Country, Colonial Williamsburg, and VA Beach is only an hour away. Would easily fit in your budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter