Rebooking on board

dsny4mepls

Earning My Ears
I know I can book 2 placeholders when we cruise in April. Can I also book a date? I would like to book a 3 night for my son and I, for the fall. I will have the date figured out before we set sail. I was also hoping to be able to book 2 placehoplders for a birthday surprise before then. Do they limit to just the 2?

TIA

As recently as October, I was told I could only book ONE placeholder per existing cabin OR 1 actual cruise per cabin.
I guess it depends on the Cast member at the on board booking desk though, as I have heard of others being able to book 2 at a time. But not a 3rd.

As recently as October, I was told I could only book ONE placeholder per existing cabin OR 1 actual cruise per cabin.
I guess it depends on the Cast member at the on board booking desk though, as I have heard of others being able to book 2 at a time. But not a 3rd.
Thanks! I thought that I read that we would be able to book 2 as there are 2 adults in the cabin in April. I would hate to lose the benefits if it is possible...

I know people are definitely booking 2 but I’m not sure if it’s because there is a spouse that books the second room.

I know people are definitely booking 2 but I’m not sure if it’s because there is a spouse that books the second room.
It will be my husband and I sailing in April, so I think we are good there... I am just not sure if they will let me book another for an actual date for my son and I...

It will be my husband and I sailing in April, so I think we are good there... I am just not sure if they will let me book another for an actual date for my son and I...
If you know what date you want to sail, they will certainly let you book that cruise on board. It will count for one of the "on board booking" cruises (of which you generally get 2 cruises with on board booking benefits). You could book 6 cruises if you wanted, but only a 1-2 (seems to be a debate) would be eligible for the on board booking benefits.

Just so I understand are you wanting to book two placeholders and then an additional third for you and your son? Or do you want to use one of the two placeholders for a cruise with you and your son? Because you can do that. As long as you are the lead guest and you cruise with him you can bring your son. You just wouldn’t be able to book a third room or gift it away to an adult son and not join him.

My husband and I were in the same cabin and could only book 1. This happened in October on the Dream, September, April and February on the Fantasy.
One time (April) we actually had 2 cabins and still could only book 1 cruise with those same two people in the cabin. Which I thought was strange, but I asked both booking folks at different times and got the same answer.
I guess be prepared for anything. :)

Just so I understand are you wanting to book two placeholders and then an additional third for you and your son? Or do you want to use one of the two placeholders for a cruise with you and your son? Because you can do that. As long as you are the lead guest and you cruise with him you can bring your son. You just wouldn’t be able to book a third room or gift it away to an adult son and not join him.
The 2 placeholders would be for our family. The third would be for my son and I. If we can only do 2, I will go ahead an book the one with my son now... :)

If you know what date you want to sail, they will certainly let you book that cruise on board. It will count for one of the "on board booking" cruises (of which you generally get 2 cruises with on board booking benefits). You could book 6 cruises if you wanted, but only a 1-2 (seems to be a debate) would be eligible for the on board booking benefits.
Thanks!! Seems like I should just book the short one now...

My husband and I were on the fantasy in October. We were allowed to book 2 cabins onboard for a May, 2018 cruise. We got the 10% off and a credit for both cabins.

Guess it just depends on the cm doing the onboard booking.

For the OBB benefits, I believe the official rule is 1 future cruise date and up to 2 cabins for the same cruise per address on the current cruise. That translates to 2 placeholders, though I don’t know how those get linked in DCL’s system for same future cruise date.

You can book more cabins and/or dates, but those won’t receive full OBB benefits.

Enjoy your cruise!

The 2 placeholders would be for our family. The third would be for my son and I. If we can only do 2, I will go ahead an book the one with my son now... :)

If I remember correctly, when I booked 3 staterooms while on board (for the same cruise), The first 2 each got the discount, reduced deposit and $200 stateroom credit. The third one got just the $200 credit

If I remember correctly, when I booked 3 staterooms while on board (for the same cruise), The first 2 each got the discount, reduced deposit and $200 stateroom credit. The third one got just the $200 credit
Good to know!! Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter