Recent diagnosis

coastermom

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach
So after many months of test and more test I have been diagnosed with degenerate joint disorder ( Arthritis in almost every possible joint area ) , anxiety and they are pretty sure that all my other symptoms are leading to a positive Fibromyalgia diagnosis. I have Suffered through many trips but have never asked for DAS . At every other theme park I get an ADA pass is this possible at Disney for me ?

The CM at GR will ask you what your concerns are for the line if they have anything to do with I can not walk too much stand to long or get tiers to fast they will normally tell you to use a mobility device a good number of people that use one at Disney does not need one at home but the amount of walking standing can be too much. there are very few places to sit around the parks and the ones there are taken up. The DAS does not make your wait shorter you walk less ( some times it can make you walk more) You are free to use anything that might help you I just do not think the DAS will do what you think.

a few ideas Just became you have a mobility device dose not mean you have to use it all the time an ECV can be parked a wheelchair can be pushed. a roller or a wheelchair can be good if you need to keep moving but rest some

I would take this trip easy take your time there is a first aid in all the parks where they have OTC places to lie down.

I would talk to your dr and see if they have any recommendations like hot or cold therapy you can do in your room or at the park meds that you can take stretching exercise. I am sure you have already done this but I would say that your going to Disney where you could be walking for miles standing a long time and see what they suggest as far as a mobility device and how much to use it.

I get caught up in the I am at Disney and I miss my wearing sign that my disability is getting to a bad point. I take little breaks every now and then where I will sit down and really think about how I am doing and what I need to do this might be going back to the hotel for a rest or swim. to finding a quiet place in the park to just sit making sure I am not hunger or thrusty that I am not getting sunburned and so on. This is one thing that has really helped me and I know excitement and adrinily can mask pain

Last edited:
As a fellow immune disease sufferer, a DAS is not issued for mobility and stamina issues. my wheelchair provides everything I need..

Can totally relate to you. I have RA to the point that I've lost use (mobility of legs, wrists) plus nine other aut immune diseases. I use an ecv! It allows me to sit, stand (when able). You are better off with a scooter or wheelchair, so that you always have a "seat" with you. DAS will not help with your issues. A ecv or wheelchair can be taken thru regular lines. People will be less likely to "touch" you or "bump" you in the ecv or wheelchair.

My concerns are more then the standing and walking my concerns is the anxiety . Medication helps but I am going to go to the CM and explain . Thanks everyone

you will have to explain why you cannot wait in a regular line that using an ECV or WC will not help with. do not name diseases as they don't care about that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter