• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent experience booking flights with Disney

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
Has anyone within the last couple of months booked flights with Disney? How did they compare price wise? Were you able to upgrade to United premium economy or the delta comfort class? If you book through them and something happens will they hold the ship or get you to where the ship is? I think I maybe overthinking the flying aspect of this trip!

It is good to recognize that when booking the airfare through DCL that the cruise line will assist, not necessarily hold the ship (as is often stated a bit incorrectly).

The Disney site
disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/air-program/
language on this point is:
  • Day-of-travel flight monitoring and assistance from Disney Cruise Line in case of any airline-related flight delays or cancellations
  • Assistance from Disney Cruise Line with flight arrangements to meet the ship in the first available port of call if unable to make your cruise due to day-of-travel airline-related flight delays or cancellations

I'm curious about this too. I never book any type of vacation package but for the first time am exploring options to make flying into a new and foreign destination easier . . .

Has anyone within the last couple of months booked flights with Disney? How did they compare price wise? Were you able to upgrade to United premium economy or the delta comfort class? If you book through them and something happens will they hold the ship or get you to where the ship is? I think I maybe overthinking the flying aspect of this trip!
terrible experience our cruise was 2nd week of March, booked flights thru DCL b/c we had a lot of FCC
our return flight was cxled, found out late Friday afternoon leaving Castaway, received an email from JBLU,
we were getting off the ship Saturday morning & flying home, also had private car service booked thru DCL
was never notified by DCL, spent hours on the phone with DCL & JBLU, last night on ship did nothing after dinner except try & get on a flight
our cabin was concierge, the host tried to help, but not much she could do
it was NOT our first time sailing concierge, and we were quite disappointed that DCL did not inform us, nor did concierge know

IF you want them to hold the boat, make sure you know who to contact at DCL, recently you can spend hours waiting on hold, for any type of communication

I'm curious about this too. I never book any type of vacation package but for the first time am exploring options to make flying into a new and foreign destination easier . . .
Same! Looking at flying into Vancouver and it is sooooo much money. I originally planned on flying inn2 nights before but life happens and now we are doing 1 night before. Would be nice to have some extra assurance

We recently booked through them for our European cruise in August. The price was slightly less than anything I could find on my own, and we were able to choose our airline which is a plus since we have a Delta card and therefore free checked bags. We were also able to choose our own seats, which I was worried about as we are traveling with kids. So far so good … probably the major tipping point for me was that I could use my remaining FCC to pay for the flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter