• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent experience with Uber/Lyft to Contemporary?

runnermama78

Mouseketeer
We are staying off property, (we’re staying at Cabana Bay) but are going to Magic Kingdom for one day. Is it still possible to get dropped off at the Contemporary and walk? Would a mobile order there help? Or would you need an actual reservation?

It depends. There’s no guarantee. They may let you right in, might ask you to hit the I’m Here button on your Mobile Order, they might decline you if you’re just getting a corn muffin, or something other. Most people are getting in with Uber just not all of them. I think it depends on the guard, what they’ve most recently been told to do, and how busy the resort is. Some days people have reported seeing multiple cars being turned around at the gate, notably around rope drop. Who knows.

I think more likely than not you will be let in but I’d have a back up plan in case there’s high traffic that day and/or the guard is like
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/18e71b34-4fad-4186-bb26-4b5059a685cd

Ok, thanks for the info. What kind of backup plan would work, besides then having Uber take us to the TTC, which would take even more time? (and probably $)

I suggest reading the thread from people there now or just returning. Last week it was reporting no mobile ordering at Contemporary for this reason; reservations only for non-guests. Ubers were sent away and instructed no drop-offs.

Plan on going directly to TTC.

They are not allowing mobile ordering for entry. When you place a mobile order you get this alert: 567667
You CAN get in with an ADR at Wave but given the hours change that’s probably not helpful to make rope drop, since parks are opening an hour before.

Ok thanks, we’ll plan on the TTC. I was thinking we’d get a reservation, but now that MK will be opening at 8, that is no longer helpful. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter