• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent Experiences using ART

DanT

First visit 1955, with many more to come!
What have been recent experiences with ART?
Our last visit was not great while waiting for 1.5 hours for a bus that was supposed to come every 20-30 mins

Wow, I had a great experience using it in December - I doubt I ever waited more than 5 minutes, maybe 10.

That had been our experience for years....not so much last October

The route 6 seemed very unreliable. Estimated arrival times would jump all over the place. Seemed like one bus every 40 - 50 minutes was the norm.

And the kiosk charged me for tickets that it didn't dispense...

I used Route 6 during my August 2017 trip while staying at what was then the Super 8 (now the "Kings Inn"). My recollection is that I had a weeklong pass that I obtained at a discount from getawaytoday.com. I thought the service was pretty reasonable. There were no outrageously late buses, and the "next bus" feature on the RideArt app was very helpful.

I had an issue this past May. Can't remember the number but the Marriott Maingate parking lot was being repaved so we had to use the stop behind the Marriott (I think it was line 8). the bus came and we(anohter familly) and were told it wasn't a stop. I had been picked up at that same stop the day prior so though it was weird.20 minutes later another bus comes by again (same number) and the driver picked us up. All I could think was driver was going on break and didn't want to pick us up.

I used ART in June 2018. I stayed at Motel 6 MainGate which is Route 8. I had no issues. I got the bus back from Disney at 11pm each night when the park closed at midnight. Very few people waiting at that time, always got a seat and and after the first night I knew that the bus was at 11pm so I arrived at the stop at about 10.50pm and was able to sit while waiting for the bus.

In the morning times I got the bus at about 7.50am at Motel 6 to Disney when the parks opened at 8am. Again no issues with the bus , very few people waiting / on the bus and I got a seat.

I bought my 5 day ticket from the reception desk at Motel 6 which cost $23

Posting to follow. We're booked at Ayres Anaheim which is basically between Angel Stadium and Arrowhead Pond (ok ok fine...Honda Center). Line 15 is the one attached to the hotel. Still debating on whether we will use the bus service or just pay for parking as I'll have a car.

Posting to follow. We're booked at Ayres Anaheim which is basically between Angel Stadium and Arrowhead Pond (ok ok fine...Honda Center). Line 15 is the one attached to the hotel. Still debating on whether we will use the bus service or just pay for parking as I'll have a car.

I took line 15 to the ARTIC - Anaheim train station. Take the bus, its way way easier than taking the car. The ART bus stops are right beside the bag security lines at the Harbour Boulvard side of the Disney Esplanade. Once through security checks you are within a few feet of the entrance turnstiles.

Compare that with driving into Mickey and Friends parking structure, driving round and round, up and up each level to park, walking from your park spot to the escalator down to ground level, then going through security bag check, then waiting for a tram to Downtown Disney, then walking through Downtown Disney to the entrance turnstiles.

The last time we used ART was is 2016 from Hilton Anaheim which is where we usually stay. WE never waited more than 20 min. Usually because we had just missed it. When coming back from Disneyland we would either use ART or Toy story shuttle

I took line 15 to the ARTIC - Anaheim train station. Take the bus, its way way easier than taking the car. The ART bus stops are right beside the bag security lines at the Harbour Boulvard side of the Disney Esplanade. Once through security checks you are within a few feet of the entrance turnstiles.

Compare that with driving into Mickey and Friends parking structure, driving round and round, up and up each level to park, walking from your park spot to the escalator down to ground level, then going through security bag check, then waiting for a tram to Downtown Disney, then walking through Downtown Disney to the entrance turnstiles.

Wonderful!

We usually book the Hyatt Regency which is borderline walking distance to the parks, but the Ayres was a really good deal and we really don't want to walk an hour with a stroller!

Wonderful!

We usually book the Hyatt Regency which is borderline walking distance to the parks, but the Ayres was a really good deal and we really don't want to walk an hour with a stroller!

Just be aware that the little one will have to be carried and the stroller folded on ART. Also the buses are small, so dont hold alot of people. This can be an issue when leaving Disney, so I always leave the parks approx 1 hour before park closing.

Just be aware that the little one will have to be carried and the stroller folded on ART. Also the buses are small, so dont hold alot of people. This can be an issue when leaving Disney, so I always leave the parks approx 1 hour before park closing.

Good to know. I have a "quick fold" jogger stroller that folds down to the size of a backpack in one motion. so that won't be an issue.

We probably won't stay until close on either of our park days because the kid wears us out and we're not the open-to-close commandos we used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter