• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent experiences with Jedi Training sign-ups

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
We are taking a friend and her DS11 to WDW for the very first time in July. My DS11 did Jedi Training years ago and I'm no longer familiar with the sign-up process. From my understanding, it is now near the Indiana Jones theater - is that correct? I'm assuming we need to be there at RD and go directly to sign-up. Are there any strategies to make this process go more quickly? Tap in at the left-hand most tapstile? Take a certain path? Any thoughts or recent experiences would be greatly appreciated! We are hoping to get a time-slot prior to 1 pm as we'd really like to hope to EP that day as well. Thanks for your thoughts!

We really didn't have an issue last August. We arrived probably 1/2 an hour after the actual park opening (there was also EMH daily because of TSL opening so the park had been open for at least 90 minutes when we walked in), stopped at a few photopass spots, walked over, and pretty much had our pick of time slots. I'm not sure if the very first time slot was available (didn't ask, wouldn't have worked for our day) but all of the others definitely were. When we got to sign ups- by the Outpost, in between Prime Time and Indiana Jones show, we we had maybe 2-3 parties ahead of us signing up.

There really hasn't seemed to be a need for much strategy in a while. They re-did the show at one point (in 2015? 2016?) and it doubled the show's capacity. If it has to be the first time slot, I'd probably head straight over at park opening but other than that, just head over at park opening. Shows are frequently available late into the afternoon.

ETA: Subject to change once SWGE opens

It really wasn't bad in December. I mean we didn't get the first show but we had a couple of choices. We didn't rush bc my son swore he wouldn't do it but we watched the first little parade of the storm troopers down the street on the side of the park that the sign-ups are on and as soon as they passed us, we fast walked over there...right past it and had to come back and find it after asking two people. Ha! We were there on December 10th to be exact.

We really didn't have an issue last August. We arrived probably 1/2 an hour after the actual park opening (there was also EMH daily because of TSL opening so the park had been open for at least 90 minutes when we walked in), stopped at a few photopass spots, walked over, and pretty much had our pick of time slots. I'm not sure if the very first time slot was available (didn't ask, wouldn't have worked for our day) but all of the others definitely were. When we got to sign ups- by the Outpost, in between Prime Time and Indiana Jones show, we we had maybe 2-3 parties ahead of us signing up.

There really hasn't seemed to be a need for much strategy in a while. They re-did the show at one point (in 2015? 2016?) and it doubled the show's capacity. If it has to be the first time slot, I'd probably head straight over at park opening but other than that, just head over at park opening. Shows are frequently available late into the afternoon.

ETA: Subject to change once SWGE opens

It really wasn't bad in December. I mean we didn't get the first show but we had a couple of choices. We didn't rush bc my son swore he wouldn't do it but we watched the first little parade of the storm troopers down the street on the side of the park that the sign-ups are on and as soon as they passed us, we fast walked over there...right past it and had to come back and find it after asking two people. Ha! We were there on December 10th to be exact.

Wow! That's great news! Thank you both! We are not commando RD types and I really didn't want to stress my friend out with any RD madness either. We will still plan to get there at opening and walk over. It sounds like our chances of getting a good slot and not stressing about it are pretty good - thank you!

I was there on a Saturday at the start of Jersey week in November (so not a low crowd time). We got to the park after lunch, maybe 2ish. We were on our way to Indiana Jones and saw the Jedi Training sign. We walked over and signed up my kids for the second-to-last show for that evening. When we returned later to check in, there was a standby line, and all the kids in the standby line (maybe 4 or 6 of them) got to do the session due to no-shows.

So, honestly, you don't need to get there right at opening. I mean, you can, if there's a time slot you absolutely must have. But you might want to do a few rides with low wait times first, and head over later on.

Wow! That's great news! Thank you both! We are not commando RD types and I really didn't want to stress my friend out with any RD madness either. We will still plan to get there at opening and walk over. It sounds like our chances of getting a good slot and not stressing about it are pretty good - thank you!

I will say that we didn't care at all what time we were doing bc we were planning to be there all day and night. We had Jingle Bell Jingle Bam tickets that night so we did not need a certain time.

We just did it on Monday 2/25 and there was definitely a good sized line. We had done EMM and walked out of TSL before the rope drop crowds got there, we passed them heading into TSL on our way to sign-ups about 8:50 or so. By the time we arrived at 8:55 the line took us a little more than 15 minutes. We did have our pick of any times though. When we exited the line at 9:10 it looked to be about double the length from when we got in it so likely closer to a 30 minute wait. I don't know how quickly the shows filled up after us.

We just did it on Monday 2/25 and there was definitely a good sized line. We had done EMM and walked out of TSL before the rope drop crowds got there, we passed them heading into TSL on our way to sign-ups about 8:50 or so. By the time we arrived at 8:55 the line took us a little more than 15 minutes. We did have our pick of any times though. When we exited the line at 9:10 it looked to be about double the length from when we got in it so likely closer to a 30 minute wait. I don't know how quickly the shows filled up after us.

Thank you so much everyone! It's good to hear we actually have a shot even if we aren't there at opening!

aimes0105, your mention of EMM, made me remember NOT to do this on an EMH day because, apparently, they open up sign-ups during EMH and we definitely won't make it there that early! All of this info really helped me solidify some parts of our itinerary - thanks!

Thank you so much everyone! It's good to hear we actually have a shot even if we aren't there at opening!

aimes0105, your mention of EMM, made me remember NOT to do this on an EMH day because, apparently, they open up sign-ups during EMH and we definitely won't make it there that early! All of this info really helped me solidify some parts of our itinerary - thanks!

Just because I see a lot of confusion about the two I just want to clarify that I did this on a regular park open day where we had paid to do the early morning magic time in TSL. Jedi sign ups did not open during EMM time and so my experience would be similar to any other regular park open day recently. EMH that are open to resort guests are different. I'm not saying you don't know the difference but wanted to clarify for anyone else reading that doesn't.

We just did this last Thursday...we made it to the park at 8:45 for a 9:00 open because it was our last day so I was rushing to check out and get everything ready...we marched straight over (it’s tucked in behind the Indiana Jones shop), and there were 30 kids already in line, I was kind of surprised. We got whatever spot we wanted, but about an hour later they had removed the sign pointing the way to the signups, so I guess they were full by then.

Side note: totally worth it.

We just did this last Thursday...we made it to the park at 8:45 for a 9:00 open because it was our last day so I was rushing to check out and get everything ready...we marched straight over (it’s tucked in behind the Indiana Jones shop), and there were 30 kids already in line, I was kind of surprised. We got whatever spot we wanted, but about an hour later they had removed the sign pointing the way to the signups, so I guess they were full by then.

Side note: totally worth it.

Wow. Thanks for the update. It sounds like we really need to be there a little before RD to get a spot. We'd love to do the first or second show, if possible, so we'll make sure to get there early. Thanks for the update!

We did this on 3/5. Arrived about 8:30, straight over to Jedi, already a pretty solid line formed. We were all signed up by 8:45 and were able to follow the back of the RD pack up to TSL for no wait on AS2 and a minimal wait on TSMM. We requested afternoon and there was plenty of room for my 3 kiddos, not sure if there was still early morning available at that point.

Keep in mind that RD at this park has been happening at 8:45 for a 9am open, so, if you want to be there before RD, you're talking 8:30. That said, because so many people are going to SDD right away, you can get quite a lot accomplished at 9am pretty much anywhere else that you want to go.

Tried to sign-up around 12 pm and sign-up was closed. It may have been due to weather, though. It rained (not hard) most of the morning and afternoon.

We went in June and got in the left side nearest Indianna Jones. The only issue we had was a village idiot who ignored the CM's who said not to run. He grabbed a kid under each arm and took off. For all his efforts he was still just 10-12 people in front of use. Funny thing is they gave us the 2nd show of the day and I heart him talking about getting noon. A CM beside saw everything and said bummer supposed to be raining then.

Tried to sign-up around 12 pm and sign-up was closed. It may have been due to weather, though. It rained (not hard) most of the morning and afternoon.
Yes, this is due to rain.
This event is canceled if there is even a drop of rain. Not just storms, but even a sprinkle. So in the case of your date, if it rained most of the morning and afternoon, anyone who had signed up, or wanted to, for the morning slots, wouldn't have been able to and would have then signed up for the later ones instead. This would have made that day fill in an odd manner.

Otherwise, they haven't filled a day since TSL opened till late into the day. Every time I've been at the park we've seen sign-ups available until at least 4:00

Glad to hear afternoon sign ups are available most days. We will not be there in the morning but still want to try and fit it in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter