Recent FOP EMH rope drop experience & timing tips?

Nissan1147

Earning My Ears
We want to ride FOP and it's going to be on a EMH day. How early should we expect to arrive at the park to have a shortish wait?

If you arrive 90 minutes early you’ll wait 90 minutes outside the gates and 0 in line.

if you arrive an hour early you’ll wait an hour outside the gate and 30 minutes in line.

If you arrive 30 minutes early you’ll wait 30 minutes outside the gate and maybe 40-50 minutes in line

If you arrive right at rope drop you could wait up to 90 minutes in line.

If you want to minimize the total time you spend doing nothing, get there 30-40 minutes early. If you want to maximize your EMH time, get there at least an hour and 10 minutes early.

On December 4, an EMH day, I got there at about 7:10 AM (EMH at 7). I walked directly to where they scan your band to head to Pandora, and walked to FoP. People were full out running past me, and all were walking at a brisk clip except me. I was on the ride by about 7:40 or so (can’t remember exactly). When I got off, I walked on NaVi’ River, and back over to FoP where the stand by line was about 65 minutes just before 8 AM. I grabbed breakfast and coffee, and used my FP at 8:30 for the second ride. When I came off, standby time was posted at something like 85 minutes.

We rope dropped FOP last week (with extra magic hours). We arrived at the park at around 7:15 to 7:20. Once we reached the line for FOP, it took us 20 minutes to get to the ride. As the other post mentions above, we had people running past us and we just walked at a steady pace. People were passing by us left and right. We did the same thing again a second day with extra magic hours and had about the same result. Shortly after we finished the ride, we were able to ride it again with our fast pass.

We rope dropped FOP last week (with extra magic hours). We arrived at the park at around 7:15 to 7:20. Once we reached the line for FOP, it took us 20 minutes to get to the ride. As the other post mentions above, we had people running past us and we just walked at a steady pace. People were passing by us left and right. We did the same thing again a second day with extra magic hours and had about the same result. Shortly after we finished the ride, we were able to ride it again with our fast pass.
Did EMH start at 7 on your day?

I wonder if you have to be there earlier for an 8am EMH than for a 7am EMH?

IME, yes. 7am EMH vs 8am is like night and day. In August I showed up at 6:45 ish and still managed to be among the front of the pack and walked on it. Last month I went for 8am EMH and it was total zombie apocalypse. It doesn’t help that these days they seem to be walking people into the land much closer to official opening time than in the past.

Can you get a rider swap pass during EMH? We were planning to RD Navi during EMH, but if the line looks manageable when we get there I'm tempted to try for FoP if I can get a rider swap pass for my mom.

Can you get a rider swap pass during EMH? We were planning to RD Navi during EMH, but if the line looks manageable when we get there I'm tempted to try for FoP if I can get a rider swap pass for my mom.
We got a rider swap pass right at EMH rope drop, last year. I can't imagine they would change that - kids under 44" can't even get in the queue, so it would be pretty harsh to have no rider swap pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter