• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent future cruise credit changes?

tee11

DIS Veteran
Hello, if anyone could kindly confirm that the Future Cruise Credit rules are essentially unchanged? In particular; it's still 20% off for 7 days or longer, 10% off for 3,4,5-day cruises? You CAN book special rates (OGT etc.), but not concierge? Current Covid booking policy (cancel for Covid - or be denied boarding - and receive no penalty) are in place for all current new bookings? TIA!

Are you talking about the FCC that was issued for cancelled cruises or are you talking about placeholders? The FCC for most people didn't offer a discount on a cruise, it just gave people credit to use on a future cruise that had to be used by 9/30/22. Some of the cruises that were cancelled at the start or with very short notice, did get a discount to use on a future cruise, but the majority did not.

The placeholder, gives a 10% discount on a future cruise, and a lower deposit amount, if the cruise is 7 days or longer. You also can't use the placeholder discount for:
  • The offer cannot be combined with Florida Resident Rates, U.S. Military Rates or with any other special offer or discount. Not valid on VGT, OGT, or IGT Categories with Restrictions or 2-night sailings.
Psy

Are you talking about the FCC that was issued for cancelled cruises or are you talking about placeholders? The FCC for most people didn't offer a discount on a cruise, it just gave people credit to use on a future cruise that had to be used by 9/30/22. Some of the cruises that were cancelled at the start or with very short notice, did get a discount to use on a future cruise, but the majority did not.

The placeholder, gives a 10% discount on a future cruise, and a lower deposit amount, if the cruise is 7 days or longer. You also can't use the placeholder discount for:
  • The offer cannot be combined with Florida Resident Rates, U.S. Military Rates or with any other special offer or discount. Not valid on VGT, OGT, or IGT Categories with Restrictions or 2-night sailings.
Psy
This is correct. The placeholder for a future cruise is 10% off, non-concierge, no special rates, and there are some blackout dates around major holidays.

You can use a placeholder to book concierge, but if you do so, you forfeit the 10% off and just get a $100 onboard credit for sailings under 7 nights, or $200 if it's 7 nights or more. So it is not a great value for concierge but better than nothing I suppose.

Goodness, I'm sorry, I meant the placeholder. We have rebooked so many times. What was the placeholder credit for cruises that are less than 7 days long??
(It was indeed 10% for 7 days or longer, THANK YOU - hahaha - I guess I was wishing it was 20%!) Oh, and NOT valid on IGT, OGT etc. rates - got it, thank you!

Goodness, I'm sorry, I meant the placeholder. We have rebooked so many times. What was the placeholder credit for cruises that are less than 7 days long??
(It was indeed 10% for 7 days or longer, THANK YOU - hahaha - I guess I was wishing it was 20%!) Oh, and NOT valid on IGT, OGT etc. rates - got it, thank you!
It’s 10% regardless of cruise length.

This is correct. The placeholder for a future cruise is 10% off, non-concierge, no special rates, and there are some blackout dates around major holidays.

You can use a placeholder to book concierge, but if you do so, you forfeit the 10% off and just get a $100 onboard credit for sailings under 7 nights, or $200 if it's 7 nights or more. So it is not a great value for concierge but better than nothing I suppose.
No more on board credit. :-(

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/future-cruise-onboard-offer/

The Disney Cruise Line Onboard Booking Offer allows Guests to make a Placeholder Reservation for a future Disney cruise and enjoy 10% savings off prevailing rates as quoted on disneycruise.com, plus enjoy a reduced deposit on sailings 7-nights and longer. The offer is valid for up to 2 staterooms on one sail date per household on board regardless of the number of adults in the household. This offer is valid for Categories 4 to 11 only. The cruise must commence within 24 months after the Placeholder Reservation was booked or the reservation will automatically cancel.

• A Placeholder Reservation is an open-ended reservation that allows Guests to select their future sail date at a later time. A $250 deposit must be paid while on board and is fully refundable if the reservation is canceled. Once a sail date is selected, standard cancellation fees apply.
  • 10% savings applies only to sailings that commence within 24 months after the Placeholder Reservation is booked on board.
  • Blockout dates apply; please contact Disney Cruise Line or your travel agent for specific blockout dates. Reservations for future cruises that fall on blockout dates are not eligible for the 10% savings offer.

The other perk of a placeholder is deposit required. For 7 night or longer the deposit once converting your placeholder is 10%. Anything less than 7 night the deposit is 20%.

There hasn’t been an OB credit for several years now. Just 10% off and a lower deposit rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter