• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RECENT guests - Has Sheraton Vistana rectified their wifi issues?

Hemlock

DIS Veteran
We stayed at Vistana in March 2022 and the wifi/cell reception was spotty (at best) to non-existent. There are several posts about this problem, so it wasn’t an isolated issue. Has anyone stayed there recently that can report if this has been resolved? looking to stay here again in March 2023 and just remembered this 😩

We stayed in the last two weeks of August 2022. We were in Cascades, right opposite the marketplace. Rock solid wi fi and cellular. My kids were able to play all their games.

I stayed there in Feb 2022 and had no issues whatsoever regarding wifi-cellphone signal. not sure if it is related to the location of the building and /or cellphone operator?

We were just there the week leading to Xmas 2022, I had no issues using the Wifi but my husband tried to do a work zoom call and it kept lagging. So maybe it depends on what your using it for. Hope that helps

Ugh, here at Sheraton Vistana right now and the wifi is almost non-existent! Called the front desk and they gave me the EXACT same excuse as last year- it’s a known issue and we’re working on it. Just a warning for anyone looking to work or use wifi for planning purposes.

Ugh, here at Sheraton Vistana right now and the wifi is almost non-existent! Called the front desk and they gave me the EXACT same excuse as last year- it’s a known issue and we’re working on it. Just a warning for anyone looking to work or use wifi for planning purposes.
We were there in mid February staying in Cascades & it didn't work & I lost track of how many times we called tech support & finally told that they've been having issues. Even at check-out, we asked to speak to someone, and basically the staff on the front desk sluffed it off.
Best place we found to get connected was at the Cascades pool.

When we stayed there, I was able to do Genie+ by turning the wifi OFF. Do NOT use their wifi when making LL's in the am. Same issue at Villages

When we stayed there, I was able to do Genie+ by turning the wifi OFF. Do NOT use their wifi when making LL's in the am. Same issue at Villages
Who is your cell carrier? In my experience Verizon Network there is terrible (there is reception, but the network is so overloaded that data speeds are non-existent). AT&T (which my wife has) worked fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter