• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent Memory Maker Experiences?

rpw2014

Earning My Ears
I'll be taking a family group of 13 to Disney World in the fall and am seriously considering springing for Memory Maker. Would love to hear details from those of you who recently used this feature - including how many photos were taken and what percentage of them were acceptable quality or better.

I'm interested in this answer too and also when you are able to see that days photos and if you can view them on a phone or if you need a tablet.

We used it the wee before last. They were 5 of us. We have 235 photos. Most are ride photos. Those can be lots of fun to make crazy faces, strange poses extra. We got a few magic shots not many. Almost all photos are good. A few I wish the photographers would have mentioned something for us to change, for example in one photo my hubby has his extra pants draped over his shoulder.
I could not find how to view on my phone. If you want to, you can stop in the photo places onsite and they can show you the pics.
After returning home you can add borders and such to the pics before downloading.
Hope that helps.

We used it the wee before last. They were 5 of us. We have 235 photos. Most are ride photos. Those can be lots of fun to make crazy faces, strange poses extra. We got a few magic shots not many. Almost all photos are good. A few I wish the photographers would have mentioned something for us to change, for example in one photo my hubby has his extra pants draped over his shoulder.
I could not find how to view on my phone. If you want to, you can stop in the photo places onsite and they can show you the pics.
After returning home you can add borders and such to the pics before downloading.
Hope that helps.

Just out of interest, would you recommend this? Was it worth the extra money? Also is there an option to buy the frames at rides without the photo? Or is the photo covered when getting it but not the frame?

Just out of interest, would you recommend this? Was it worth the extra money? Also is there an option to buy the frames at rides without the photo? Or is the photo covered when getting it but not the frame?

For us, it was worth it. The kids love the ride pictures. The family shots are my favorite. Buy it ahead of time to save money.

Not sure about your question. The gift shop sell frames themed for the rides. You don't get a copy when you come off the ride. You add them to your magic band and can download them at home.

For us, it was worth it. The kids love the ride pictures. The family shots are my favorite. Buy it ahead of time to save money.

Not sure about your question. The gift shop sell frames themed for the rides. You don't get a copy when you come off the ride. You add them to your magic band and can download them at home.

Sorry I realised the way I worded them questions where a little confusing but you answered my question and thank you :) Thanks for the advice as well :)

Do you have to scan your magic band after every ride? How does that work? You tell them what picture is yours and they add it? Was this a long process with alot of people waiting??

yes after the ride you have to scan a magic band. It didn't take long at all. Just find your picture number/numbers from the screen, go the kisok and tell the cm your number/numbers.
After the first few we started making funny faces for the pics. It added to the fun. On space mountain once my family pretended to be asleep.

yes after the ride you have to scan a magic band. It didn't take long at all. Just find your picture number/numbers from the screen, go the kisok and tell the cm your number/numbers.
After the first few we started making funny faces for the pics. It added to the fun. On space mountain once my family pretended to be asleep.

LOL! My DH and DD thought they were being so original "sleeping" on EE. They had a lot of fun making faces, giving bunny ears, and fake crying in the pics. We wouldn't have bought them at $15 a pop, but it was really fun to have them included.

I think that because I prepurchased MM (and have done so for PP in the past), I make a conscious effort to stop when I see a photographer to get more photos. We had around 130 in January, and I thought that was worth it. We got a few new magic shots we'd never gotten before, and I'd say 90% of the photos overall were good, with a several GREAT ones of our whole family.

yes after the ride you have to scan a magic band. It didn't take long at all.

As long as you keep track of the numbers, you don't need to present the magic band after every ride on that attraction, so, if you like to serial ride as I do, just jot down the numbers and make an über visit sometime that day.

Another tip for ride photos is to ask for a photopass card for the pictures "as a backup." During our visit last month, many of our ride photos from our first two days did not make it onto the Memory Maker/Photopass account. We were advised to request this Photopass card on the morning of our third day. When we used the magic band or memory maker card and the CM saw we had pre-paid for the photos, most were then willing to honor this request.

Hopefully the kinks will be worked out soon and this will become unnecessary.

Yes, serial-riding and mugging for the camera can be lots of fun!

We hope to travel this fall and I am trying to convince DH that MM is worth the $. Great tips here!

Are there photographers at the character meet and greets as well? Especially at the multi princess one?

We went as a couple a few years ago and had a couple pics taken and purchased one. But this time we will have a 4 yo and I think photo ops will be more plentiful, yes?

Thanks!

I know you were asking for recent, but when we went about 5 years ago we got tons of pictures. I just made sure to keep an eye out for the Photo Pass people, we stopped everywhere. Even got some fun "magic" shots, one where my daughter was fighting captain hook, Tinkerbell in the hand, baby simba at animal kingdom, stitch coming out of the ground at HS, Me holding balloons out to my daughter (it was her birthday). They were at almost all of the character meet and greets. Also, when we got home to look at the pictures we could add frames and dates to our pictures before we ordered the disc (I think it said you still have the option to do this). Being a single mom it was great to have this service because I was actually in pictures! So excited that the ride photos are added now! I think it is worth it.

We hope to travel this fall and I am trying to convince DH that MM is worth the $. Great tips here!

Are there photographers at the character meet and greets as well? Especially at the multi princess one?

We went as a couple a few years ago and had a couple pics taken and purchased one. But this time we will have a 4 yo and I think photo ops will be more plentiful, yes?

Thanks!

Yes - they are at the Princess ones also. Some take more photos than others. I try to take some too. They will pose for me and the Photo Pass person. We have been very happy with the photos.

On a side note, we had a photo pass take pictures randomly of my husband with my son on his shoulders. They were really neat because he didn't realize he was taking them until after.

What about at Enchanted Tales with Belle? Were you able to add those to your account at the end since they give you generic photo pass card?

My hubby and I just got back from our anniversary trip. I wasn't going to get the memory maker because we didn't have our daughter with us, but it was very much worth it and so easy to use! The set photographers just scan your MB or your MM card and when you get off the rides, they scan them at the photo booth.

We usually get the CD of photos, which cost $170, so this actually saved us $20.

Sorry to kind of hijack the thread, but I figure this question fits in pretty well here. I will be visiting this summer. There are three in my party, staying for 2 weeks, but we also have a group of four others with a separate reservation that will be meeting up with us for the beginning of our trip.

Will we be able to have everyone in the group get pictures under one Memory Maker package to share?

Sorry to kind of hijack the thread, but I figure this question fits in pretty well here. I will be visiting this summer. There are three in my party, staying for 2 weeks, but we also have a group of four others with a separate reservation that will be meeting up with us for the beginning of our trip.

Will we be able to have everyone in the group get pictures under one Memory Maker package to share?

I haven't been there with the new memory manager, but in the past, you could get cards from the photographers and then add all of them to the one ID on line. I think this one works the same. Hopefully someone will verify! (I am going to use the regular photopass this summer since we are only going to be there a couple of days.)

So is there still photopass or has this become memory maker? We used photopass last year but I don't see that on the Disney site anymore....

So is there still photopass or has this become memory maker? We used photopass last year but I don't see that on the Disney site anymore....

Photopass was renamed Memory Maker..they are technically the same thing. Except the Memory Maker is just digital pictures. You don't get a cd or anything like that. They are still called Photopass photographers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter