Recent (Nov/Dec 2022) PPH Stay Tips?

pharmama

DIS Veteran
Even though it's insane what they are charging for PPH right now with everything closed and undergoing refub, I find myself still contributing to the problem by booking a stay there next weekend for my birthday trip. Looking for any tips and info from recent visitors specifically on using the special DCA entrance as this was one of our main reasons for forking over the extra $$. Is this entrance a good plan for EE? What time did you line up there?

With the lack of amenities at PPH and the pool closure I know guests have access to GCH and DLH pools. How does this work? Does your room key (or phone) work for the pools at both those hotels too or do you have to request access? Does that mean it also works for the gate on the walkway between GCH and PPH (not that it's hard to get in the gate there... even as a GCH guest in September I think I only had to use my room key once over the course of several days as there were always people going in and out).

Oh- and I know the lobby is closed and they are working on the outside but have they started on the rooms or hallways at all?

We just returned from a 5 night stay at PP. We had not stayed there before and we liked it just fine. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Of course the room is outdated but the beds were very comfortable. The only construction sounds we heard were from the pool area.

The entrance to DCA was great. We never saw anyone else using it. I’m going to guess we were just lucky. We did use it for EE and thought that worked well.

We used the Grand to get to DTD. The wait for bag check got pretty long for EE. We waited 30 minutes to get through security. Our room key let us through the gate leading up to the hotel entrance. We never used the pool so can’t comment on that.

I felt like PP felt very low key compared to the hustle and bustle of the Grand!

I was there the second half of last week. I also had not stayed there before and had booked it only for EE when I was supposed to be taking my daughter and had been trying to maximize park time and the others were full.

I must have been at opposite sides of the hotel from the person above (I was facing DCA) b/c we heard a lot of jackhammering at the front side of the hotel even at midnight, and the beds were seriously the worst I've had...and I've traveled all over the world and slept in some crazy places when I was younger. It was like sleeping on a metal rail and springs.

The DCA entrance was great. We entered through the DTD entrance at DCH the day we were doing DL and that looked foreboding as it wrapped around the courtyard a bunch, but it was shockingly quick. We got there about 7:18 got through security, the turnstiles, and were in the park and on rides at 7:31.

We didn't use the pool at DLH, but when we checked in we were assured they would work and they offered several times to cart us over there if we wanted to use.

We waited longer to drop our bags at bag check when we arrived than anything else.

Enjoy your trip!

One stay a PPH we were given a room at the north end of the building.
We heard each and every delivery that happened, not jus a few but MANY!!. And the "beep-beeping" of the trucks backing in was annoying so early in the morning. Since then when we have stayed there I ask for a room at the south end of the building.

Our stay last week was fine there except for the elevators. One morning we waited 15 minutes for one. It is not that they were always full, they just never stopped at our floor. Mornings were really the only problem time. The new DCA entrance was really nice.

I've been wondering about Paradise Pier, too. I'm so curious about the changes they're making,.

Thanks for this info....I also booked for this upcoming weekend, and for the price, I was starting to panic a bit. We have stayed there several times over the years, and enjoyed it fine. However it has been at least five years ( for PPH), and I am aware of the construction. I also have a reservation at the the Holiday Inn by Mimi's so I have been a bit torn about which to do. I have to decide today. The price is killing me under the current circumstances of the PPH, but the EE is drawing me in. Not sure the noise will much matter because we only have two nights, and with EE it will be dawn to midnight out if room.
I was wondering if EE for CA might still be better from the Main Entrance vs New PPH one for timing of getting to Avengers Campus etc? Or does that not seem to be an issue? Does anyone have any advice on this?
With a busy weekend coming up im pretty sure of keeping PPH, but for less $ I can get better room, cheaper parking, free breakfast....sigh 🙄.....of course I could spend an extra 150-300 a night on DLH or GCH....see now Disney is tempting me to spend MORE money 🤣....amazing how that happens...lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter