Recent reviews of the Christmas Fantasy parade dining package?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
Now that the Plaza Inn dining packages have been available for a while I'm wondering if anyone has recent reviews for it. Was the view of the parade good and worth the extra cost?
I'm assuming it is standing room only, no chairs or benches.

How was the food? I think I read somewhere that you can order off their regular menu if you want to. Does that cost extra, or do they let you choose your meal but charge you the parade package cost?

Thanks!

We did it last week. The food was alright. It was strip loin, mac n cheese, veggies and bread pudding for dessert. I don't know if you can order off of the regular menu or not; we didn't try. We did have a person with a dairy allergy with us and they made her plate in the back.

The view is great. There aren't any benches or chairs(or very few) but they want you to sit. It's in the circle where the tree is but on the opposite end, so facing the train station. We sat on the curb and had a perfect view of the parade. The reserved area wasn't crowded at all for us.

As for if it's worth it, I think that depends. We had 3 people with us who had never been to Disney. We wanted them to experience it without a ton of hassle or waiting around forever. So I guess for us it was worth it. If you are not into parades, I don't imagine it would be worth it. But if you want to spend your time riding rides and not staking out a spot super early ( we saw people starting to sit on the curbs a couple of hours beforehand) and still want a great view of the parade then I think it would be worth it.

Thanks for posting! We have this booked for next week and we’re planning to get the chicken instead of the steak, so I’m hoping you can do this :)

We did it last week. The food was alright. It was strip loin, mac n cheese, veggies and bread pudding for dessert. I don't know if you can order off of the regular menu or not; we didn't try. We did have a person with a dairy allergy with us and they made her plate in the back.

The view is great. There aren't any benches or chairs(or very few) but they want you to sit. It's in the circle where the tree is but on the opposite end, so facing the train station. We sat on the curb and had a perfect view of the parade. The reserved area wasn't crowded at all for us.

As for if it's worth it, I think that depends. We had 3 people with us who had never been to Disney. We wanted them to experience it without a ton of hassle or waiting around forever. So I guess for us it was worth it. If you are not into parades, I don't imagine it would be worth it. But if you want to spend your time riding rides and not staking out a spot super early ( we saw people starting to sit on the curbs a couple of hours beforehand) and still want a great view of the parade then I think it would be worth it.

thank you! What time was your reservation and did you get second parade? I saw on YouTube that if your reservation for lunch is before 2 you’ll get passes for the first parade instead….. trying to plan out the rest of our day!

thank you! What time was your reservation and did you get second parade? I saw on YouTube that if your reservation for lunch is before 2 you’ll get passes for the first parade instead….. trying to plan out the rest of our day!

Our lunch time was at 1:20pm and we had reservations for the second parade. I thought I read somewhere that all lunch reservations were given the second parade, but maybe I'm making that up.

Yep, I just checked the Disney site and this is what it says:

Reservation Times
Lunch reservations for this package are available between 1:00 PM and 3:30 PM. Guests are welcome to dine at any available table at the Plaza Inn Restaurant. At the restaurant, you will receive a voucher for the day’s second performance of A Christmas Fantasy Parade.

Yep, I just checked the Disney site and this is what it says:

Reservation Times
Lunch reservations for this package are available between 1:00 PM and 3:30 PM. Guests are welcome to dine at any available table at the Plaza Inn Restaurant. At the restaurant, you will receive a voucher for the day’s second performance of A Christmas Fantasy Parade.

thanks! Definitely saw that too, I don’t know why I was believing random YouTube reviews :). Our time is 1:20 also and was hoping for the second one!

We arrived late for our reservation for lunch by about 2 hours. We got a slow start out of LA. It was fine and they said as long as we arrived before 3:30. Just did this on 11/28/21. It was fun.
. Food is soso but we new that going into it. You can order anything and the fried chicken looked the best though not something we could eat. I had the salmon which was fine. The sides were string beans and white rice. Our adult DD had the GF pasta with tomato sauce. It was bland but made to order. I was given a really sweet bread pudding and she was not given a dessert. It wasn’t to my liking but others may really enjoy it.

It was nice to just show up and watch the parade with no need to be early. Great view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter