Reception Only through Disney?

NeverlandClub23

AKV & OKW DVC Member
I am planning on getting married at the Swan/Dolphin in December but wanted to plan a reception dinner (no dancing just dinner) at California Grill in the Napa or Sonoma room. Do you have to have a DFTW to be able to do this or can you just do a reception through Disney? Also, I was expecting about $2-3k for about 50 (or fewer) people for a reception dinner, would this be about accurate? And one last question (I'm full of them ;)), would I be able to have decorations (i.e. floral centerpieces) on the tables? Thanks for any and all help! :goodvibes

Don't quote me on any of this, but I believe you would not be able to plan through Disney Weddings, but through Disney Event Planning. I'm sure there will be a room rental fee, but no clue as to the cost for the rooms. However, I'm sure if you pay to use the rooms it would be like any other event and you could have floral. Your best bet would be to contact disney dining at (407) WDW-DINE and they should be able to direct you from there. I'm sorry I can't give you more specific answers but good luck!:)

Kate is right you would have to plan this through Disney dining events, I would call the CG and speak with the manager. They will allow you to have a meal etc there, but im not sure where they stand with reguards to your dress, I know disney have some quite strict rules about that. There is also a minimum the same as a wedding, I think the Napa room is around $3k.

Thanks for the help!! I'll give them a call. It's not a big deal if I can't wear my dress. If worse comes to worse I'll just buy a nice dress to wear to the dinner. (But of course it would always be nicer to be able to wear it :) ). Thanks again!

I am a Swan Bride and I went through Disney Event Planning to book a Epcot Dessert recetion. As other brides said, everything is the same except that they do not let you wear your dress. Just tell them you are having a group vacation and they will be more than happy to accomodate you. PM me if you need a direct contact number.

I am a Swan Bride and I went through Disney Event Planning to book a Epcot Dessert recetion. As other brides said, everything is the same except that they do not let you wear your dress. Just tell them you are having a group vacation and they will be more than happy to accomodate you. PM me if you need a direct contact number.

Would I go through the Event Planning to get quotes on the dessert reception and other ideas if I do not go through DFTW? We are celebrating our 15th in 2 years and would like to have some sort of ceremony there as we did not do much for our first wedding. Just now really looking into different ideas. Thanks.

Would I go through the Event Planning to get quotes on the dessert reception and other ideas if I do not go through DFTW? We are celebrating our 15th in 2 years and would like to have some sort of ceremony there as we did not do much for our first wedding. Just now really looking into different ideas. Thanks.

If you are not planning to have a vow renewal, then yes you would have to go though Event Planning. Just tell them you are planning to have a group event and you are planning to stay in one of the Disney Resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter