Recipe for Mexican White Sauce

isyne4u

<font color=blue>Next time I get a craving for cak
Does anyone have a recipe for Mexican White sauce like that is used in the local mexican restaurants? I've been craving it for a week and haven't been able to go get any so if there are recipes out there I would love to have it.

thanks!!
tara

Yep those are what I'm looking for. The second one with the jalapenos looks like the right one. Now all I have to do is get the stuff!!

Thanks for responding so quickly. I don't cook and have no idea where to even begin to look for recipes!!

Thank you!!

tara

no problem! glad to help! I like www.allrecipes.com but I just did a Yahoo! search for "mexican white sauce" ... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! LOL

good luck!

Thanks for the link. I just bookmarked it so that i can try it!!

Now I have to figure out where my kitchen is!! lol!!

thanks
tara

isyne4u said:
Does anyone have a recipe for Mexican White sauce like that is used in the local mexican restaurants? I've been craving it for a week and haven't been able to go get any so if there are recipes out there I would love to have it.

thanks!!
tara

i have the recipe for white sauce that guadelara (sp) uses here in va beach if you want it just pm me :)

I would love the recipe that Guadalajara uses. I've recently moved from the beach and have yet to find anything that comes close. Please help!!

I get a yummy fish burrito with a temperature hot white sauce at one of our restaurants. Anyone have a recipe?

I would love the recipe that Guadalajara uses. I've recently moved from the beach and have yet to find anything that comes close. Please help!!
Actually it is from El Toro

El Toro’s White Salsa

1 cup miracle whip
½ cup milk
½ tbsp chopped garlic
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 ½ tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp sour cream

I chickened out and never made it. When I look at it I end up going to El Azteca and buying it! :blush:

tara

I've just made the above recipes and neither of them taste like the one we get at Plaza Azteca. Anyone have an idea how to get it? We no longer live there & miss it. Love the Mexican white dip w/chips.

I'm in the same boat. I've been searching for the recipe to the white Sauce at Guadalajara and can't PM yet. If you have it please send it to me.

i cannot pm yet either.
could you please send the recipe to me? anyoneeee?
I've been craving this for days.

Thanks! :)

I am now 48, and had been going to El Toro since I was 9. When I moved from the area in 1986, it was sad, because I've yet to find another place with the sauces. I have recently discovered that the Rodeo Mexican restaurant at Janaf (out by Va. Beach Blvd), is serving the White Sauce, although they do their own red sauce, with Cilantro in it. I've modified the recipe for the Red Sauce to include cilantro, mainly because I like it, but I offer the following as the original recipes (they came from the head cook after the old man that owned the restaurant died), and I hope you enjoy them:

El Toro White Sauce

2 cups Miracle Whip
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/2 dried oregano

Mix all ingredients at least 2 days in advance, refigerate and allow flavors to meld. Serve cold with chips, or as a salad dressing.

El Toro Red Sauce

This recipe makes 1 gallon of sauce, so adjust as necessary.

2-3/4 cups jalapeno peppers, crushed
3/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup dried oregano
1-3/4 cup garlic powder
Salt to taste (about 2-3 tablespoons)
1/8 cup cumin
1/2 cup crushed red pepper flakes
4 28oz cans crushed tomato
1 cup water

Puree jalapenos and onion in blender adding a little juice from the jalapenos. Mix in spices. Add to the crushed tomatoes and water. Mix thoroughly. Serve with chips.

I would also love to get the recipe for the white sauce from Plaza. I have relocated and was sad to hear the Plaza on Jefferson burned down last week. I may try the Guadalajara recipe tonight and see if it is close.

I have tried those and they are good but try this one

1 cup Miracle Whip
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste depending on how you like it, but it doesn't take much!)

a Mexican resturant that was located on Military Highway in Norfolk VA.
this resturant had been there for has long as 1970 ish or 80ish. not sure how long. it is no longer open called Papas La hacienda. anyone knows the
WHITE SAUCE recipe? or is the same as i have been reading on the forums.
thank you so much
sher

I used the El Toro recipe on here to make Plaza Azteca sauce but made the following changes and it tastes EXACTLY like it! Thank you everyone who shared that recipe on your posts. The following changes that were added were: Sour Cream and Mayo (I thought it tasted way too much like miracle whip..which is should since that really was all it was other than milk.). This balanced it out more. I also added ALOT more garlic powder and took slices of Jalapeno peppers in the jar (which added that bit of vinegar taste you get at Plaze..) and I diced them really small. I know Plaze puts jalapeno's in theirs as I actually got the who stem in our dip one time. I wish I could tell you how much I added but I didn't measure..I just kept adding til it tasted just right. A "guesstimate" of what I put in just to get an idea..I only used @ 1 cup of miracle whip since i was just trying and didn't want to waste it if I didn't like it.so to that I added a real Tablespoon from your silverware drawer heaping of mayo and one of sour cream. 3 slices of japapeno diced, only about 1/4 tsp of cumin and well the garlic.. as Emeril says.. you can never have too much..I kept adding it until I didn't taste the flavor of Miracle whip. I sprinkled in oregano and hot pepper seeds to taste. If you live near a BJS and have membership.. Chips called "XOChital" in a big brown bag are just like the chips you get at Plaze. Pop em in the oven for a few minutes..and oh my. You will think you are sitting at Plaza! Enjoy!! :)
:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter