• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recipe topic of the week: Lunchbox ideas

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Here is our first recipe topic of the week! I know this one wasn't on anyone's lists. I don't know if it will interest any of you, but I just had my daughter go back to school, so it's on my mind. Next week I will start the topic earlier in the week. The holiday weekend completely threw me off schedule - I thought yesterday was Monday for the longest time!

Here is one that my daughter likes:

Tortilla roll ups:

1 tortilla
cream cheese
turkey
roast beef
tomato
sliced black olives
romaine lettuce

Lay out the tortilla. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on it - but don't go all the way to the edges. . Top with other ingredients and roll up into a tube. Cut on a diagonal to add interest.

Yesterday my DD had tortilla pizza for lunch. Spread the tortilla with pizza sauce, add some sliced pepperoni and grated mozarella cheese. Roll it like a burrito (sp?) so that everything is enclosed. I have the thermos that goes in the microwave to heat things so I just popped it in there and heated it and then put the lid on. If you have regular food thermos heat it first and then put it in.
I try to give them variety by using bagels, muffins, pita or tortillas instead of just regular bread. We also use the thermos a lot. They get leftovers from dinner or canned soup or noodles.

My son likes simple things, he likes to take a salad- I just the dressing in a seperate container and put an ice pack in his lunch bag. He also like veggies and dip.

Grover in Winnipeg
:smooth:

My kids love breadstick pizza. Is it ever easy, and you could change the pepperoni for the pizza topping of your choice.

I buy premade, soft breadsticks in a bag. Slit them down the center like a hot dog bun and squirt in a little pizza sauce (I keep some in a bottle in the fridge for this purpose). Top with pepperoni slices and a piece of string cheese. Microwave until the cheese melts.

My kids love to make these themselves. We usually just wrap in foil and they eat them at room temperature, if they take them in their lunches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter