Recliner/Lift Rental

erikjscott

Earning My Ears
Hi-
We are staying at Villas at Grand Floridian. My mother requires a lift recliner rental. Has anyone used a company they recommend? She will also need an ECV and would prefer to deal with one company, so I am wondering if anyone has dealt with a company that does both?

Thanks!

I haven't worked with them directly, but yes they do deliver. I would think something like a recliner would be coordinated with Bell Services/Housekeeping/Maintenance -- but I'm sure they are familiar with whatever process WDW requires for that. As for the ECV, only ScooterBug is authorized to use Bell Services; OMR would typically meet the renter, but considering there is also another piece of equipment I don't know how they'll handle that.

I’ve used OMR several times for lift recliner for my son while at Disney. They delivered it to the room and picked it up from the room. Each time it has been in the room upon arrival. highly recommended them.
The last 2 times I rented a scooter for myself I used Gold Mobility. I will be using GM again my next trip.

We’ve used two different companies and had major issues with both along with some positive experiences. It’s supposed to be allowed in the room early but we were having situations where the resort would turn the delivery man away and say we have to be there to meet them and often that would be at impossible times so the chair/bed not available until the second day nor the last night. It got to be so bad we just bring one from home now despite the huge hassle. Too much stress worrying and days of trips ruined.

I rent a commode seat from OMR every year because the toilets are too low for my knees, even in accessible rooms. It's always delivered right to my room while I'm there. I typically arrive early in the day and schedule any deliveries for that afternoon. I've had times when the rental arrived before my room was ready, and I always assumed it was just kept at Bell Services, since that's where my groceries and Amazon deliveries will be. I didn't know OMR can't leave it there, so I honestly don't know where it gets stashed or how that's worked out. I just get settled in my room and then call Bell Services to ask for my stuff to be brought to my room. Sometimes the commode seat is with the other items, sometimes it gets delivered later. I never thought to ask about the process. Definitely call your rental place and find out. I don't believe any of the companies are allowed to bring it to your room when you're not there, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter