recommendation to other brides using Brevard County

mermaidbride1108

Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09
So I'm basically freaking out right now because we still dont have a marriage license and getting one when we get there isn't really an option.

I used the Brevard County office because I had planned all along to get our license by mail. I waited until we were under the 60 day mark and faxed our application to marry on 7/16. I tried faxing it the week prior but their fax was down. Well they told me my application was mailed on 7/25. I still haven't recieved it in the mail. I won't be home because I am traveling for work until Monday August 10th. We won't be able to visit the notary until then and it's cutting it really short that I'll be able to get this done in time. I still have to receive the application in the mail, go to the notoary, send the application back and then hope in comes in time before we leave. I've asked the brevard Office to send another application overnight FedEx. I hope it gets here in time.

Does anyone have any words of encouragement or any suggestions that might be able to help me out??

I wanted to recommend to other brides who do this in the mail - do this as early as possible, this has been a diasaster - their fax was broken, they thought they didn't have the info right so they didn't send it, finally sent it and they tell me I should have recieved it by now. I honestly wished I just planned to do this in person and not by mail.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble! I can say that when I was worried about timing, I called and explained our situation to them and they got right on our application.

If you get the paperwork when you get back on the 10th, you'll still have just under three weeks to get it back to them (though I don't know when you're leaving for Florida), and I'm sure they would send the final license to your Orlando hotel if you explained the situation to them. I think sometimes they don't realize that travel is involved for many people, and they just need a little push.

Here's some pixie dust for you! :wizard:

Ugh how stressful! You have scared me into getting on it! I hope it gets resolved soon for you (*fingers crossed*)

Do you guys know if it has to be an original birth certificate with the seal, or will a copy be okay?

No birth certificate is required unless you are between the ages of 16 and 18 and don't have a driver's license or a passport.

Otherwise, all you need is a driver's license or a passport. :thumbsup2

Hi mermaidbride1108. I see you are from Philadelphia. I work in Philadelphia but live in South Jersey and we are getting married on August 29, 2009. I got my marriage license by mail but I used Say I Do Weddings, Inc. It was so simple. Once I sent them our birth certificates and initial information. They mailed me the application. I just mailed my application back on July 23 and I received my license in the mail this past Friday July 31, 2009. I would say keep calling, everyday if you have to until you get the service that you paid for. I hope that this helps.

Hi mermaidbride1108. I see you are from Philadelphia. I work in Philadelphia but live in South Jersey and we are getting married on August 29, 2009. I got my marriage license by mail but I used Say I Do Weddings, Inc. It was so simple. Once I sent them our birth certificates and initial information. They mailed me the application. I just mailed my application back on July 23 and I received my license in the mail this past Friday July 31, 2009. I would say keep calling, everyday if you have to until you get the service that you paid for. I hope that this helps.

Unlike with Say I do Weddings, there is no fee for using Brevard county except for the fee for the marriage license itself.

I think everything will come through. We had no problems and everything was done very quickly.

I would have a back up plan just in case though. How far in advance will you be arriving in Florida? There is no waiting period for out of state residents and it will only take you about an hour. I would have a plan to get to the courthouse just in case but I am sure everything will work out.

We mailed off for our application over 2 weeks ago now I think, and haven't had the application back yet.
Should I chase it up, or are they waiting until we're closer to the wedding? (we're currently 76 days out)

We mailed off for our application over 2 weeks ago now I think, and haven't had the application back yet.
Should I chase it up, or are they waiting until we're closer to the wedding? (we're currently 76 days out)

It couldn't hurt to call but they may be waiting until a little closer. I know the license expires in a relatively short amount of time so it really is a balancing act.

Eek! I hope you get it soon. I was planning on using this service as well, since we're getting married January 3rd (a Sunday) and arriving on New Year's Day. Everything will be closed.

I was thinking of starting the process in early November when I'm about 60 days out since we have 60 days to get married once we get the license, but now I'm worried! What if things are really hectic around the holidays? I was hoping not to pay extra for the SayIDoWeddings service, but now I'm wondering...

I'm sure you'll get everything soon! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

I've used Brevard County for our license and had no problems so far. I faxed the initial information to them on a Friday, got confirmation from them on Monday, and received the application 4 days later. By the way, we live in Lebanon County, PA. So, if you still haven't received the application from them within a week of sending your info, I'd definitely call.

We had a good experience using Brevard County. We received the application a week after sending for it and we received our marriage license on Saturday, about a week after sending for in the application!

I've used Brevard County for our license and had no problems so far. I faxed the initial information to them on a Friday, got confirmation from them on Monday, and received the application 4 days later. By the way, we live in Lebanon County, PA. So, if you still haven't received the application from them within a week of sending your info, I'd definitely call.

Hey! I'm from Lancaster county!

That was wicked stressful for me too! I thought I wasn't going to get it in time!
It only took us two weeks to get the actual license and when I checked the expiration date, it is for 2 days after we get married! Talk about cutting that close...:rotfl:

I was mainly paranoid because somewhere on the Brevard County website, I read that it is first come first serve basis for mail away licenses....

Anyone ever have them make a mistake on their application? We got ours today and they made a mistake. They listed DF's date of divorce from his first marriage as 3/17/07 when it's actually 3/17/04. :eek:

Hey all just wanted to follow up. Well I had them fedex the application we got it arrived the next day thanks to $30 in shipping and we got it notirized sent it back fedex overnight and paid for a prepaid envelope to ship back fedex tracking says it should it be here 8/18 keep your fingers crossed for
me!

Hey all just wanted to follow up. Well I had them fedex the application we got it arrived the next day thanks to $30 in shipping and we got it notirized sent it back fedex overnight and paid for a prepaid envelope to ship back fedex tracking says it should it be here 8/18 keep your fingers crossed for
me!

Consider my fingers, arms, legs and everything else cross-able - crossed!! :thumbsup2

Anyone ever have them make a mistake on their application? We got ours today and they made a mistake. They listed DF's date of divorce from his first marriage as 3/17/07 when it's actually 3/17/04. :eek:

I feel like there was something wrong on our application too and we just crossed it out and wrote in the right info - call them on Monday and see what they say, but I think you can just do that.

me!

Fingers crossed - I'm so glad you got it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter