Recommendations For a Good Documentary?

The new mary Tyler Moore doc is very good.
All the Animsl kingdom short docs abiut various animals are great, on Disney +.
I’ve heard the elephant whisperer is great…on my list.
And of course the Earth day series on Disney about Cats, chimps, whales etc are fabulous.

The new mary Tyler Moore doc is very good.
I didn't care for it. It relied much too heavily on two interviews with her, not even explaining the context. The rest of it was voiceovers from those living and dead, along with clips. It was a pretty tough slug that avoided delving into the really tough aspects of her life (her drunk driving, her child's death, etc.) and presenting stuff that hasn't been covered elsewhere. Not very good filmmaking.

I like the Ken Burns documentary series: The Civil War, Baseball, The Roosevelts, The Vietnam War, etc.
Ken Burns documentaries are good! I've watched the Civil War series multiple times.
Ted Bundy Tapes
Night Stalker: Hunt for a Serial Killer
My daughters and I have watched both of these multiple times.

Just binged Shiny Happy People on Amazon Prime. The focus of this is the Duggar family and the religion (cult) they follow.
Another one along a similar line is Keep It Sweet on Netflix. This one focuses on LDF and Warren Jeffs.

I know you are talking about movies/series, but if you get a chance, listen to the Podcast, "Your Own Backyard". A college freshman went missing after a party in 1996. They pretty much know who did it from the start, but the police make no progress in the case. The family put up billboards, and the Podcaster, Chris Lambert, starts to follow up with this podcast. It is really well done. Spoiler alert; They JUST convicted the guy, 27 years later. Full credit to Mr. Lambert.

Arnold
I am a Killer
Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal
Madoff: Monster on Wall Street
Somebody Feed Phil
Sins of Our Mother
Call me Kate
Anna Nicole Smith: You Don’t Know Me
The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez

"Murder Among the Mormons" was way more interesting than I expected and IMO importantly, didn't say anything really about the merits or not of the religion itself, which would have been really easy for them to do. I'm not religious, I'm just kind of glad they didn't go that direction.

Just finished Flamin Hot about the janitor turned chief marketing officer of Frito-Lay and how Flamin Hot Cheetos came to be. Excellent film!

The Elephant and the Termite on PBS

It tells the story of how an African watering hole is created and gives you a peek at all the creatures who inhabit it. The camera work is incredible! It’s one of the best nature documentaries I’ve seen.

I know you are talking about movies/series, but if you get a chance, listen to the Podcast, "Your Own Backyard". A college freshman went missing after a party in 1996. They pretty much know who did it from the start, but the police make no progress in the case. The family put up billboards, and the Podcaster, Chris Lambert, starts to follow up with this podcast. It is really well done. Spoiler alert; They JUST convicted the guy, 27 years later. Full credit to Mr. Lambert.

On 20/20 this week, they are featuring Kristin’s murder and the court case. It’s on tomorrow (Friday) on ABC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter