Recommendations for a private rental

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
I want to propose to my girlfriend sometime soon and decided to do it on vacation. But I'd like to find a place with some privacy because she doesn't feel comfortable swimming with a lot of people around.

So I was thinking of finding a small house available with a pool and maybe even a hot tub.

I looked at a few places on air bnb that are close to Disney, but I'm always worried about them. They aren't like hotel rooms where if something goes wrong you just get a new room.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places they've stayed like this?

We use VRBO or Airbnb all the time. I scour the homes, using the filters for what I want and most importantly look for several RECENT reviews that are very positive. Then, I will contact the owner with a couple of questions to see if they respond quickly and kindly. If an owner doesn't respond within a day, they are out. Also, if they come across as being bothered by your questions, they are out.
If the home doesn't rate very high consistently, there usually is a reason. Yes, sometimes renters are obnoxious and leave poor reviews, but if there are many to read from, you will learn quickly which ones are great.
The one thing I was disappointed in was how far away some of them are from the parks and how that relates to traffic. This was a fail on my part, not the owner. So, there is some amount of homework vs. a hotel to be done, but we've never been disappointed in any home we rented. The last one we rented was with both a hot tub and private pool. It was amazing and was so large for our family. Our grandsons loved having the pool to relax after the parks. One last tip: Even if you need only a 1 bedroom, look at homes with 2 or 3. So many are at least 2 bedrooms and this widens the availability of what is out there for you. Hope this helps.

a pool and a hot tub in a small house - just don't see it. You will need a larger house to get those things. really renting a condo is probably your best options. the pools are generally large enough that she could find a quiet place. Ask when the pool opens and closes (more are no longer 24 hours) - go when it first opens or an hour or so before it closes.

Airbnb is just fine. I wouldn't worry about booking through them. You can also try Vrbo.

You can get a 4 bedroom home for as low as $150 a night with a private pool. Windsor Hills is our go to neighborhood. You can search vrbo for Windsor HIlls or there are some facebook and websites that book these homes. that you can find through a google search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter