Recommendations for face masks at WDW?

Does anyone have a suggestion on masks for small adults? I'm 44, but I'm a little too big for kids masks, and too small for regular adult sizes. Anyone have an idea?
The Athleta masks are a nice medium size, but not as optimal protection as the KNs and similar. Also, I have not personally tried the Livinguard masks, but they are recommended by a scientist I follow and they come in 4 different sizes. I love the fit of the child size masks from ParkCandy, which makes Disney-inspired merchandise.

I went several times in the past year, pre and post-vax, and I have a super low tolerance for being uncomfortable and hot. I put an N95 on while sitting on my sofa in my air conditioned house, for instance, to simulate a plane ride and I didn’t last ten minutes. I don’t know how anyone can make it outside in those for hours. My hat is off to them.

All of this is to say I have tried countless masks and battle tested them in some “feels like 105” parks weather and the best one by far for keeping cool and still having decent protection are the SuayLA ones Tom Bricker recommended. On their site they call the surgical masks, the one you’ve heard about. These were amazing and super easy to wash and dry quickly. But above all, bearable in the hottest day. They also form a little box around your mouth so they’re not flat against it.

For the plane and longer indoor experiences I did the KF94. Infinitely more pleasant than the N95 but still heavy duty protection.

Has anyone tried a SHEMA97? Looks like the all black V2 would be the one to go with for wearing in the parks.

Last edited:
as a medical professional i can attest to the fact that since no mask besides a properly fitted NIOSH approved N95(or a spooky looking full face gas mask with ventilators and filters lol) actually can catch the itsy bitsy coronavirus, i will be wearing the disney masks; i purchased about 24; and then i purchased from 4Ocean their face mask support frames that make masks more comfortable to breath in and if you wear glasses, which i do not except for sun glasses, these keep them from fogging too; i am also supporting these guys to keep the oceans clean little by little:

4ocean Face Mask Support Frame

I upvote the KN95. I just bought a box of 50 for my October trip. The problem with the cloth masks is that get damp with your respirations and then are pretty useless. Just carry around 3 or 4 KN95s for each day of trip and swap em out when they start to get damp or you get tired of smelling what you had for lunch.

We bought the KN95 masks from Office Depot about a month ago (I think it was $5.00 for a pack of 5) on clearance/sale for our trip to Germany and Poland.

I preferred the disposable surgical type. My fiance tried them but preferred the Disney ones.

Side note: Disney masks are actually hard to find in the parks right now, especially XL which is what he needed. I figured they would be everywhere but nope! So if anyone wants to try those, I recommend ordering online prior to your trip.

So much this. Masks were virtually non-existent in the parks or at Springs to buy last week. We had planned to buy some as we only had the original ones from the online store that are way too thick for the heat. We ended up using other lightweight ones we had and some paper masks as well.

as a medical professional i can attest to the fact that since no mask besides a properly fitted NIOSH approved N95(or a spooky looking full face gas mask with ventilators and filters lol) actually can catch the itsy bitsy coronavirus, i will be wearing the disney masks; i purchased about 24; and then i purchased from 4Ocean their face mask support frames that make masks more comfortable to breath in and if you wear glasses, which i do not except for sun glasses, these keep them from fogging too; i am also supporting these guys to keep the oceans clean little by little:

4ocean Face Mask Support Frame

Yes those 4ocean frames are awesome. We used them all last week at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter