Recommendations for laying low?

floridadream

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone- we’re arriving next week and tend to be TS people for dinner. We have a few ADRs but I’m thinking we want to avoid indoor dining if/when possible. Any recommendations for dining- outdoor, TS or quick service that you would suggest for dinner? Also, if we have an ADR, are restaurants accommodating if we request outside? TIA!

I tried to do this in the Spring for our trip but eating outside was SO uncomfortable, it was like trying to eat on the surface of the sun. Also, the tables are just as close together (if not closer) than indoor tables. You can try to request outside seating but I wouldn't expect them to be able to accommodate you, TBH.

If you're worried about dining inside, I'd plan on doing QS/CS at your resort and eating in your room.

Boathouse...outside patio and also the Dolphin pool bar/cafe. There are quite a few options for outside dining but as the previous poster mentioned, it is HOT! We were there in May and ate outside several places but it was not as humid as now.

Hi Everyone- we’re arriving next week and tend to be TS people for dinner. We have a few ADRs but I’m thinking we want to avoid indoor dining if/when possible. Any recommendations for dining- outdoor, TS or quick service that you would suggest for dinner? Also, if we have an ADR, are restaurants accommodating if we request outside? TIA!
Flame Tree BBQ at AK is one of our favorite QS and has plenty of seating in the back by the lake. We had lunch at Grand Floridian and they had tables set up outside although they weren’t being used at the time. We’ve also enjoyed the outdoor seating at Earl of Sandwich at DS. Plenty of room when we ate an early lunch. Even before covid we preferred to eat before the crowds - 11am for lunch and 4:30/5pm for dinner.

Outdoor places we have eaten.

Bar Riva- indoor/outdoor seating there with open walls with heat and cooling.
Geyser Point
Boathouse
Blaze Pizza
Polite Pig
Raglan Road
Cookes o' Dublin
Homecoming
Paridisio
The Hanger Bar
Rose and Crown
Tony's in MK

We also have frozen while we ate at Rose and Crown in December (just to contrast with the hot take from earlier). We go in the cooler months and last year our December trip featured a couple high 30 degree mornings and cool evenings.

When I went a few weeks ago, TS restaurants that had "to go" menus were my savior. In July, the idea of eating outside did NOT appeal to me. I've got to admit that I ate indoors a few times, but if so, I planned it at off times, when there wouldn't be as many other diners around. Anticipating the dining issue, I chose to stay at Kidani, where I could get take out at Sanaa. I also stayed a few nites at Villas at GF, where I could get take out from Kona.

We mobile ordered from Pecos Bill at MK but walked around the outside and sat at tables in Tortuga Tavern tables. They’re under a roof, so shaded, but technically outside, and since Tortuga Tavern was’t open not many people were sitting there. We did similar one evening for an early dinner (shortly after 4) mobile ordering from Casey’s but sitting in Tomorrowland Terrace. Tomorrowland Terrace stopped serving at 4, so not many people sitting there. Outdoors, but with a roof, so not as hot as other outdoor seating options. Not fine dining by any stretch, and we did eat once a day for lunch at TS restaurants indoors, but we were trying to limit the indoor dining to just that once per day.

When I went last summer, I ate at Spice Road table at Epcot a few times. They have changed their menu since I dined there, but the outdoor dining is shaded and I had a breeze. I ate in July and August, so it was during summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter