• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommendations for non-skimpy swimsuits for a teen girl

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Can anyone recommend a place to find a swimsuit that doesn't show cheek or crack? Looking for a one piece that covers the bottom. For a teen girl.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Target has boy short bottoms.
Mine just likes to wear a pair of board shorts (usually about mid thigh) with a bikini/sports bra top. She has a pair of Kirby swim shorts that she loves that she got from Hot Topic. Lets them be active and not worry about shaving that area. Like me they are sensitive to shaving bumps/rash and so we both avoid the 'underwear styles" and prefer skirt or short styles that have more coverage in the 'bikini' area. LOL sometimes it seems like you can't win.... shave=ugly rash..... no shave=way too much 'fuzz'

Vermont Country Store also sells modest 1-piece suits.

Their products are excellent and carry a full refund guarantee if there's something wrong.

Agree with Lands End Board Shorts. They look like regular shorts, come in different lengths, and include a built in liner. Then add in a Juniors Tankini top. Kohls had a few reasonably priced, Lands End, LLBean, Athletica, and it looks like a one piece but allows flexibility to go to the restroom. Could add a rash guard on top if needed too.

Land's End. Get a rash guard shirt and board shorts to wear over a bikini. Shirts come in all kinds of patterns, are comfortable and she can wear it out of the pool. Shirts and shorts dry quickly on hangers. They also have water shoes and sandals.

There have been 70% off free ship no minimum sales even as of yesterday. Good luck!

Yep. I know what you mean. What size is she? My teen daughter is on the petite/small range. She can easily fit into 15/16 at Abercrombie Kids. Their swimwear is very similar to their adult store but with more modest tops and bottoms. I have seen the "brief" style on Abercrombie website. Most of their swimwear is mix and match top and bottoms.

Try sporting good stores for athletic branded one-pieces like Nike, Speedo, TYR etc. If she doesn’t like one pieces, she could always get swim bottoms that are “boy shorts” Instead of bikini bottoms. Nike has a lot of separate pieces you can mix and match.

Yep. I know what you mean. What size is she? My teen daughter is on the petite/small range. She can easily fit into 15/16 at Abercrombie Kids. Their swimwear is very similar to their adult store but with more modest tops and bottoms. I have seen the "brief" style on Abercrombie website. Most of their swimwear is mix and match top and bottoms.

About a size 6. She doesn't want to show "crack or cheeks" as she puts it. Both of my girls are pretty modest. They can't seem, to find anything thats fits this criteria. They finally did manage to find a place that has what they consider "normal" bathing suits.

Target had some high waisted full coverage bikinis that don’t show a lot. My oldest usually buys from there and she is pretty modest when it comes to swimsuits. Of course, now that it is July they probably put away bathing suits and are selling winter coats.😁

I had to buy one piece swimsuit for teenage daughters camp. Finding teen one pieces that aren't ridiculously skimpy, or on opposite spectrum, look like you are entering a swim meet is not easy. I finally found some luck on Amazon. Took a lot of time searching though. I will send you a PM with the designs if you are interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter