Recommendations for socks to wear in the parks?

TNKim

Mouseketeer
Any recommendations for dry wick socks to wear while in the parks that won't cause blisters? I've read the recommendations for shoes, but haven't seen any for socks. Last year was the first time I had issues with blisters and certainly don't want to repeat that!

I just started wearing Balega's. They are running socks and were recommended by a vlogger (Jen Lefforge) who does Disney and runs. I bought the Blister Resist and the Hidden Comfort No Show. Bought them in March.

So far they have been great. (i did have one sock develop a hole on the toe but it's the only one and I am going to darn it. It was 2 days outside it's return window) Also the only no show sock I've ever owned that did NOT slide down into my shoe.

They are pricey but at this point totally worth it. I basically bought enough to cover a typical vacation for me. I though I'd 'save' them to wear on vacations since they were pricey but I love them so they are my everyday sock for the summer now.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Balega&crid=FBOC7B6WMIV&sprefix=balega,aps,87&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Last edited:
Also just FYI

I have wide feet (like wide and not tapered at the toe feet) and a condition which causes swelling in my ankles/feet.

I wear 10.5 -11 womens and a 9 - 9.5 mens.

I bought the Large and they are the perfect size.

I just started wearing Balega's. They are running socks and were recommended by a vlogger (Jen Lefforge) who does Disney and runs. I bought the Blister Resist and the Hidden Comfort No Show. Bought them in March.

So far they have been great. (i did have one sock develop a hole on the toe but it's the only one and I am going to darn it. It was 2 days outside it's return window) Also the only no show sock I've ever owned that did NOT slide down into my shoe.

They are pricey but at this point totally worth it. I basically bought enough to cover a typical vacation for me. I though I'd 'save' them to wear on vacations since they were pricey but I love them so they are my everyday sock for the summer now.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Balega&crid=FBOC7B6WMIV&sprefix=balega,aps,87&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I actually just ordered the bought the Balega Blister Resist and the Hidden Comfort No Show socks from Amazon a few hours before you posted! I hope I like them! Thanks for your reply.

I mostly wear keen sandals, no Sox needed. Less walking days, a pair of birks.

When i do wear my hokas, make sure to wear no seam sort of wicking low crews. Buy off amazon, cant remember name but designed for diabetics.

i use gold balm blister defense in the parks, it works like a dream

Check out Darn Tough socks. You'll probably want to focus on their running or walking socks that are mostly Merino wool. They are pricey but worth every penny to me.

We average 10 miles a day in most parks. We both wear thin themed socks with no issue. Ticket is shoes fitting with those socks and no seams on the socks.
I've actually had worse blisters racing on long runs with thicker socks as they allow more movement.

Drymax, Balega, and Smartwool are all brands that I have had great experiences with. Much better than normal cotton socks. I've had the Drymax ones for years and they really hold up well.

Feetures are the best. They are $12++ a pair but so worth it. My feet are very blister prone. With those socks I don’t get any blisters after full days at the parks.

Agree with some sort of smart wool. They are awesome socks! Your feet stay really dry. Don't wear old worn out socks. That is probably the biggest mistake.

Check out Darn Tough socks. You'll probably want to focus on their running or walking socks that are mostly Merino wool. They are pricey but worth every penny to me.
Ds25 loves these and doesn't even mind washing separately on delicate cycle & hanging them to dry. He has tried so many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter