Recommendations needed for countertops that won’t stain

When I had a laminate I used a pencil eraser to remove mustard stains. I have quartz now and love it.

That’s funny, I never knew ‘blueberries on the counter’ was a thing. We leave a blueberry or two out every night on our granite counter for our hamster, along with a piece of raw vegetable. Same spot, night after night - never a stain. We’ve had it for about 13 years and have not had one problem with it at all.

That’s funny, I never knew ‘blueberries on the counter’ was a thing. We leave a blueberry or two out every night on our granite counter for our hamster, along with a piece of raw vegetable. Same spot, night after night - never a stain. We’ve had it for about 13 years and have not had one problem with it at all.
Yeah, I've never had fresh blueberries stain. I've been using frozen in the off season. I thaw them out in the microwave until they are a little warm and the juice comes out, then I add plain yogurt. But man, does that stuff stain my fingers if I get it on them. If I had a laminate/formica countertop, I could see where it would stain. It's about as heavy duty as red wine.

I hate my old, tan colored laminate countertops and one day in the future we’d like to replace them with probably either granite or quartz… something nicer than what we have that doesn’t break the bank.

I really want to make sure that whatever we get can handle having defrosted blueberries accidentally spill on the surface and stain it… it’s driving me nuts with my current one! (See pics) The only thing that seems to help is magic eraser, but I was thinking that I really don’t want this to be a problem I’ll have to worry about down the road.

Any recommendations that you know resist stains? (Resistance to heat and scratching from cutting would be a bonus, too… in case someone accidentally puts something hot or decides to cut on it. We’d of course try to avoid doing that to begin with).
Until you make the change, if this stain is really bugging you, take the nuclear option by soaking a paper towel in 50/50 chlorine laundry bleach and water and letting it sit on the spot overnight. You've really got nothing to lose...

We got four bids on our kitchen remodel. One contractor was a fan of soapstone. One would put in anything but Corian. Two would put in anything we wanted. But the last three all recommended against soapstone because it scratches easily.
It can. Typically, the lighter it is, the softer it is. Small scratches buff out. We have had it four years now and we are HARD on our kitchen-three kids, we’re a messy family, and have lots of people in our house frequently-and it looks like new. Recommend without hesitation.

It can. Typically, the lighter it is, the softer it is. Small scratches buff out. We have had it four years now and we are HARD on our kitchen-three kids, we’re a messy family, and have lots of people in our house frequently-and it looks like new. Recommend without hesitation.
I’ll add our contractor had the same reservations-he just wasn’t familiar with it and that’s what he had heard-but he told us a year or so ago that he’s sold now.

We have granite countertops and never had a stain or any other problems. They’re a darkish pattern though so maybe I’m just not seeing them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter