Recommendations on purchasing TDR tickets? Klook?

juju

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip 10/31 (not by design for Halloween but works for date) and 11/1. I’ve been researching the purchase of tickets, including TDR site, and am concerned about the issues of buying tickets in advance which is necessary. The official website is touch and go about accepting US credit cards. How have others bought their passes? Any experience with Klook?

Not used Klook, but had no issues with the TDR site using MasterCard.

I didn't have any issues buying straight from the TDL website using a Mastercard but YMMV as there have been reports of people with non Japanese credit cards unable to buy tickets there.

Yes, I have heard that Mastercard seems to work but we only have Visa and AmEx

I'll probably be trying Klook for my trip next month. Pre-pandemic, their tickets were more expensive after factoring in the exchange rate and I had an annual pass during the 35th anniversary so it wasn't necessary for an entire year worth of trips but now, it seems like I'd save a little bit of money using USD through Klook. Many people I know have used them before. I think there's an extra step to link them to the app.

I have used Klook for other trips and no problems so far. I may buy from them for TDR if they are any cheaper.

Update to add, we could not get a credit card to work for TDR tickets. So we are just going to purchase on arrival. (We are staying at Toy Story Resort - so guaranteed tickets, for second week we will be at the Sheraton and you can reserve tickets)

Thanks for reporting back. I was hoping the app would be more friendly for foreign credit cards. Guess not!

We just left Japan and Klook worked beautifully for our TDR trip. I printed out the tickets and we scanned them at the park. The other option is to use the QR code sent by Klook to your email.
I was glad I printed them because I was able to scan our tickets into the TDR app which was necessary for purchasing the premier pass. It wouldn’t have worked out had I kept them in digital format. So I definitely recommend buying the Klook tickets and printing them beforehand!

I tried scanning them from home but apparently you have to be on Disney property for the scanning process to happen.

Update to add, we could not get a credit card to work for TDR tickets. So we are just going to purchase on arrival. (We are staying at Toy Story Resort - so guaranteed tickets, for second week we will be at the Sheraton and you can reserve tickets)
You’re looking for a place to purchase tix from or just a different way to pay for them?

Also what is the Toy Story Resort??

which hotel did you like best? Trying to decide for my trip in October…

which hotel did you like best? Trying to decide for my trip in October…
They are both distinctly different. I liked both - for different reasons.

Toy Story - the theming - you just need to experience that hotel at least once. I also preferred the bathroom as it had separate toilet & shower room. I also liked Lotso Cafe.

Sheraton - standard upscale hotel. Has a shuttle to monorail (that I never used as it’s only a 5 min walk), we were on club floor, so free breakfast & dinner. It just wasn’t Disney 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter