Recording/taking photos while on rides . . .

tinkb

Earning My Ears
Not sure if it's just me but I really wish Disney would crack down on this. I had my Pirates of the Caribbean ride basically ruined by the guy in front of me who had to record the entire ride on his phone. It was so distracting, I tried to ignore him but it's a dark ride and all I kept seeing was his phone being waived in the air in front of me. Do people go home and watch these videos?

Also, at the Hocus Pocus show we had our already limited view further obstructed by people holding up their phones over their heads to get a clear video view. Between that and the kids up on their parent's shoulders, we walked out not long after the show started.

Can't we all just enjoy the rides/shows in the moment?

I'm with you! It's very distracting to be seeing phones and ipads help up and blocking the view of various events and parades.

I've never complained about parents holding their children since I remember being the kid who couldn't see.

I do watch the videos I take, but I try to be considerate and lower the light level on my screen and I usually only video on rides where I am not sharing the ride vehicle with others, so I wouldn’t do it on POTC. If I am making a video of a show, I try to find a spot that won’t be an issue for others. It’s not difficult if you take a minute to think about it. Stand with a wall to your back instead of right in the middle of the hub, for example. I have a really nice video of the Main Street Electrical Parade where I scoped out a spot on the curb and kept the camera at waist height. No one behind me even knew I was doing anything.

As far as photos on rides, I don’t take them unless I have my DSLR with me, which has a viewfinder that I prefer to using the screen. No flash is involved, so it shouldn’t interfere with anyone else as it’s right in front of my face, not held out at arms length.

I think the big thing is to be considerate of others, whatever you are doing.

Last edited:
I video those things with a GoPro Hero 5, so there's no view screen, and no light... just the little red light on the front of the camera. The use of flash on dark rides is big nuisance too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter