Recos on renting a house for up to 30 people

ricosuave

Mouseketeer
Need MAJOR help! Going for cheer nationals 2/8-2/13 and Disney rooms are sold out. What areas would you recommend? Also need help with transportation to/from MCO, parks, ESPN.
Any help is appreciated. We've never done this before!

Don’t rent a house and cram 30 people in it. You can’t afford the bill for when the owner finds out the place got wrecked by 30 people you thought you knew but you really didn’t.

First call- the event organizers, if this is some common thing that people don’t book their trips until a month and a half out they should have a game plan

After that find a cheer forum or Facebook group discussing this. To echo PP you need serious cheer focused help and fast. You can also call all the Disney springs hotels and bonnet creek hotels and see about getting a block of rooms.

The transport could be the sticking point, I don’t know how you transport 30 people to all the events. That could be the sticking point that has you sitting down with these girls saying we’re too late, we can’t travel as a group.

Last edited:
Are you trying to book for competitors/coaches or their families or all? This makes a difference in number of rooms and types of accommodations recomended. How many hotel rooms? I would suggest calling some of the group bookings at hotels to figure out room situation. Maybe check with some of the condo rental type hotels so you can do 5-6 people in a room. Check rentals on property through DVC rentals. I did a quick search for school group travel hotels WDW and Westgate and Lake Buena Vista Village Resort came up.

As for transportation, if competitors/coaches/chaperones, I would look to trying to lock down 3 12-15 passenger vans. These are not that hard to drive for anyone familiar with driving a large SUV or truck. They can be expensive, but probably less than 5-6 smaller vehicles or hiring a bus company.

, I would look to trying to lock down 3 12-15 passenger vans. These are not that hard to drive for anyone familiar with driving a large SUV or truck
Rental agency coverage will be expensive. Credit card coverage generally excludes vans which seat 9 or more, some 8. Carefully check personal auto policies for exclusions. Driving large vans is considered difficult.

I have no idea if the OP is trolling. Flights, housing and transportation may be hard to book, unless $$ isn't an issue.

Drive if possible. Get transportation quotes from Mears..Decide how many rooms you need and start calling.

It’s pretty late but start looking on sites like booking .com, , hotel.com, Vrbo etc. You may need to split up the group into 4 to 8 depending on the space available And definitely split transportation between 3 or 4 vans. Or a couple party busses. Or everyone is on their own for rooms and transportation. Or call sone hotels in the area and ask about a block of 5 or 6 rooms. Of course budget would enter into it. For fun I look up space on booking.com. There is space around at about . $800 to $1000 for 4 person rooms for the 5 nights. That comes to less than $200 a person per night which sounds reasonable that time of year.

Rent at least 3 houses with 5 bedrooms each. And six mini vans with passenger capacity of 6 each so you have room for gear.

There are a lot of houses on air bnb that hold a large number. Right off property near 192 there are several of places that can hold 8-12 people that your can rent directly through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter