Recovery letter test

Glenn3484

Earning My Ears
Hello All, we sail in a couple weeks and my son has covid. He did this test at the doctors which was a rapid. Is this good enough for the recovery letter? “POC SARS-COV-2 NAT (IDNOW)”
The nurse didn’t seem to really know and disneys website referred to “NAAT” is that the same as “NAT”?

Disney site says "The test must have been antigen, NAAT, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR. The test result must include your date of birth." so you should be fine with the IDNow test -which I believe is a rapid antigen test. Just make sure the results page has your son's name, DOB, etc. Then you'll want that same information included on the recovery letter as well. along with the following.
"A signed letter (on official letterhead that shows the name, address and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official) stating that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days and are clear for travel."

Thanks! It seems like the IDNOW test is a “NAAT”.

Are PCR and NAAT the same? NAAT is a category of tests, which includes PCR (RT-PCR) tests and Abbott ID NOW molecular rapid tests.

I think one is the test and the other is the technique. PCR stands for polymerase chain reaction while NAAT is nucleic acid amplification test. Anything listed as PCR or a NAAT is considered a "diagnostic test" meaning it was done in a lab and that's the important part in terms of getting the recovery letter. :)

His test results has his name, DOB, and test results so I think we’re good. IDNOW appears to be the rapid test that Walgreens used that a bunch of people sailing Disney used. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter