Recs needed for Airport Transportation

MimiDee905

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
Last time we went to DLR (April 2022) we had a very early flight (6am ish) out of John Wayne and without really thinking about it assumed we could UBER or LYFT no problem and had a SCARY hard time getting one and almost missed out flight.
This time around we are flying out of Long Beach and hoping to not repeat the same incident. Our flight is at 6:50 am. Should we schedule an uber ahead of time (I almost still do not trust this) or does anyone have a reliable taxi company or private shuttle they can recommend that I can book ahead of time?
Thank you!

i only use Lyft and have never had an issue. I go to DLR 6-8 times a year.

We used Lanksy’s this summer. No issues. Not the cheapest, but they show up when you agree that they should. Onsite hotels also usually have taxis waiting or can call one for you. We use Uber and Lyft all the time, but for something this time-critical at an early hour, I would spend more and get a car service.

We splurged on a car service our last trip. We found a great one, which was tricky. There are a ton of them, many with questionable reviews. We chose Elite Black Car Services, largely because there are five of us with a ton of luggage for a full week. They worked exactly as planned, and we highly recommend them! They texted me once my flight arrived to keep up with our progress. Met us on the curb (they even offer to meet you inside for an additional fee). Took us to a grocery store for snacks, and dropped us at the hotel. Same efficiency for the return service. More expensive than an Uber, but cheaper than a rental car by far. We will use them again next trip.

We didn't travel that early. But we used Lansky in February 2023 and while it's not cheap, it was a good service and came at the times it said. We would definitely use them again.

Karmel Shuttle is also worth considering too - like Lansky, not cheap but the service is excellent and the drivers are very accommodating too.

Check with the hotel. Most have ties to taxis or car services and can arrange for you.

Are you staying on site? I was always able to get a fixed price taxi ride to the airport from a resort hotel. Ask at the desk.

If off site, I think you can still reserve a taxi and ask for a flat rate through the company.

You can also pre-arrange for Uber of Lyft. I've done this a few times.

How many are in your party? I'm too cheap to spring for a ride service unless you have 4 or more riders.

Don’t trust the “scheduled” Lyft. I haven’t tried Ubers version. In all fairness it has worked two out of three times, but the third…

If I schedule a ride I need to be somewhere by a certain time. My Lyft showed up an hour late. Customer service states that if they are more than 10 minutes late you get a $100+ credit but they were clear the on time pick up isn’t guaranteed, because “things happen” and “unexpected shortage of drivers occur”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter