Recycling old Magicbands

You can use them as Christmas tree ornaments :)
Jokes apart, it would be good to have the option, as they cannot be recycled at home.

I would like to know how to recycle them too. I would be willing to pay to send them from home also. Hoping someone will have an answer for us.

Just make sure you deactivate the bands you wish to get rid of on your MDE account.

I was saving mine but they faded so much they would not make a pretty wreath or chain. I don't know if it is my sun screen or body lotion because it seems like some people's magic bands fade a lot and other people's don't.

I was saving mine but they faded so much they would not make a pretty wreath or chain. I don't know if it is my sun screen or body lotion because it seems like some people's magic bands fade a lot and other people's don't.
You could always wash the sunscreen off, make a wreath or other art project, and spray paint it.

Saw a cute pic last year of someone that made a Christmas wreath out of their old ones.

I really like this idea, sure wish there were pictures of the wreath. Were the bands placed on a green wreath or was the entire wreath made out of the magic bands?

I'm glad they came up with the option to not order one for a future trip, I had way too many too.

You can return them to the front desk where you are staying. They said they can recycle the band and remove the chip to reuse it. We have done this for a number of years.

I spent hours deactivating all our old magic bands to take to Disney to recycle. A few months later, checked my MDE account and all of the old magic bands had magically reactivated themselves. Very frustrating.

They had to send me another band although I have mine from April and the rep said they can recycle them at the front desk.

I know this is an older post, we have no plans to visit for a while, can I send my old magic bands to any of the Disney Hotels?

I'm about 2/3 finished making a wreath of magic bands. But with the changes, I may not have enough! I'd be happy to pay shipping for anyone willing to send me their deactivated bands so I can add them to my wreath :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter