Red-eye flight from west coast- hotel check in

heathjh

Mouseketeer
Wondering about getting a value resort room just for one night. I am one that really needs my shower in the morning before a day at the parks. Is it possible to check into my room but not actually enter the room until early morning? I would hate for them to give it away.

I don't understand.
You should expect getting into a room no earlier than noon . Most rooms are ready around 2-3:00.
If you need a shower before that time, use the shower room at the pool.

I don't understand.
You should expect getting into a room no earlier than noon . Most rooms are ready around 2-3:00.
If you need a shower before that time, use the shower room at the pool.

What I believe OP is asking is about getting a room for the night before their early-morning arrival. Online check-in to room the night before, go directly to room when the flight arrives the next morning, freshen up, check out of hotel and go about your day.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to the question. I suspect this is a somewhat common occurrence, especially for business travelers who need to refresh after a redeye so they can hit the ground running. It SHOULD work, unless night audit runs a report of checked-in rooms that have not been opened and disables access, maybe?

Wondering about getting a value resort room just for one night. I am one that really needs my shower in the morning before a day at the parks. Is it possible to check into my room but not actually enter the room until early morning? I would hate for them to give it away.

What time does your red-eye flight fly in? Are you going before or after Magical Express discontinues?

If you put it in your MDE that your flight will arrive in the wee hours of the morning, you *should* be ok. You can check-in online (give them your credit card) and put your notes in there too about your ETA.

The flight would get on at 9:30 am. I am thinking it will work. Thought about even calling the hotel that evening before we board the plane to make sure.

The flight would get on at 9:30 am. I am thinking it will work. Thought about even calling the hotel that evening before we board the plane to make sure.

You'll need to make sure it's in Disney notes in MDE or something. I believe Disney considers the new day at 6 am (that's the earliest you can check in for a reservation that same night).

You may have an issue if your flight is late at all. Check out is at 11am, so if you have any flight issues or transportation issues on the way to the hotel, you may miss your window and find yourself locked out of the room.

You may have an issue if your flight is late at all. Check out is at 11am, so if you have any flight issues or transportation issues on the way to the hotel, you may miss your window and find yourself locked out of the room.

Agree. We are usually in the first 5-7 rows on the plane so get off quick & have a towncar picking us up. Even still, the best case is usually we are pulling in 1 hour after we land. So if the OP is further back in the plane, flight is a few minutes late or traffic is heavy, the OP will be arriving right at the check out time. All it would take is the housekeeper knocking on the door at 10:30 & reporting the room was never used for it to be listed as available & cleared for the next guest.

OP might be better off requesting an early check in.

I know that it's not unusual for DVC members to do this. They notify Member Services that they won't arrive until the wee hours of the night or even until the next morning, and it's noted on their reservation so the resort is aware. You should be able to book the room for the night before your actual arrival and then have a note placed on the reservation stating the approximate time you expect to arrive that next morning. And be sure to check in online!

Agree. We are usually in the first 5-7 rows on the plane so get off quick & have a towncar picking us up. Even still, the best case is usually we are pulling in 1 hour after we land. So if the OP is further back in the plane, flight is a few minutes late or traffic is heavy, the OP will be arriving right at the check out time. All it would take is the housekeeper knocking on the door at 10:30 & reporting the room was never used for it to be listed as available & cleared for the next guest.

OP might be better off requesting an early check in.

i agree. Flight arrives at 930 am, by the time you get luggage and transportation, it’ll be check out time.

Are there showers at the pool of the hotel you check in for the rest of the trip? If so, maybe you can use that and cancel the value resort. Obviously, you'd be wearing a bathing suit, but that might work better

I have done this many times at regular hotels, but haven't attempted it on property at WDW (yet). One year we did fly in from CA on a red eye and arrived at our hotel (POFQ) at 9 am, and we checked in and expected to just leave our bags with bell services and head to the parks. To our great surprise, we were told that our room was ready, and we were able to go in and sleep for a while, and I took a shower (I'm just like you...I need it to feel "awake"). In your situation, I would definitely try calling the hotel directly (not WDW reservations) and see what they say.

One other idea if you're not 100% committed to having your shower on property would be to check in to the Orlando airport Hyatt upon your arrival, shower/rest, and then head on over to WDW. We've done that several times, and they have been very willing to hold the room for us. It's fairly inexpensive when paying cash; alternatively, we love being able to pay with points and get our shower/rest for "free".

Hope you can work something out! We lived in southern CA and traveled to WDW annually at Christmastime for over 10 years, so we know all too well the struggle with red eye flights and jet lag. Good luck, and have a great trip!

We usually take a red eye from the west coast. We’ll shower in the evening at home just before leaving for the airport. Then when we arrive at our hotel in the morning we’ll freshen up in the lobby bathrooms. Just simple things like brushing our teeth, reapply deodorant, put on sunblock. We’ve always been good to head out to the parks after that. And I’m someone that never steps outside the house if I haven’t showered that day.

At one time the Hyatt in the airport had a day rate. That would give you the opportunity to freshen up.

The problem..you need a late check out. Paying the night before for early arrival works best if you're booking the night at the same hotel you'll be staying at

I suspect Disney has lots of experience with late arrivals, Our first trip with kids a northeast snow storm delayed our arrival until about 2:30 am. We did call ahead to make sure our room would still be available -- and it was before keyless entry -- but I stand with my first statement that I'm sure Disney has a lot of experience for one reason or another with 24/7 arrivals.

I suspect Disney has lots of experience with late arrivals, Our first trip with kids a northeast snow storm delayed our arrival until about 2:30 am. We did call ahead to make sure our room would still be available -- and it was before keyless entry -- but I stand with my first statement that I'm sure Disney has a lot of experience for one reason or another with 24/7 arrivals.
But the OP's arrival is scheduled to be more then a little late, maybe 30-60 minutes before check out time.

But the OP's arrival is scheduled to be more then a little late, maybe 30-60 minutes before check out time.

This. OP is not talking about 2:30am - or even 5:30am. They are talking about a landing time that will almost surely get them there at checkout time or after.

I'm in the "request Early Check In and NOTHING ELSE" camp if this is the situation and you can't do what a PP suggested of showering before the flight and just doing teeth brushing and such on arrival should a room not be available.

Would you please clarify something? Are you talking about extending your ongoing resort reservation to begin the day before you actually arrive, so that the room will be ready for you when you get there? If so, I've read a number of posts from people who do exactly that. They just have a notation put on the reservation that they won't actually arrive until the following morning. If you're talking about making a reservation for one night at one resort when your ongoing reservation is for a different resort, I agree with PPs above that it's not feasible since it sounds like you won't arrive until checkout time for that first night's reservation.

Not everyone has the same priorities. What's a waste of money for some is a reasonable extra cost which improves vacation experience for others.

OP said a shower is an important start of the trip.

If the OP is NOT staying at a DVC resort and has NOT booked a room in a limited category like concierge early room availability is common.

Otherwise Hyatt has day rates and office rates. Day use rate is from 9a to 6p.

Last edited:
Since we are coming from the West coast, those travel days take up a bunch of time. Didn’t want to take middle school daughter out of school for very long. Plus just trying to get decent enough price on airfare.

I think I have it figured out that we will pull daughter from school a1/2 day and take a 2pm flight.

I appreciate everyone’s help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter