Red Space Magic not tradeable after this weekend

yesss, this totally stinks.. Luckily i traded mine yesterday since my friend is getting me one when she goes to disney this summer..

I can't believe they are doing this.. So many great points have been made on this thread on how VMK treats us as players and making something untradeable that many of us won't be able to get by going to the Parks. Guess there is no red magic for me :(

ISN'T the POINT of VMK to bring the Magic Kingdom to you, so those who can't experience going to WDW or DLR can access the Magic Kingdom at home? Oh wait my mistake, it's just a way for VMK to make everyone go to WDW or DLR.

since when has VMK had "Good" Customer Service?

since Day 1 VMK has had the worst customer service I have ever seen, from any company. Toontown customer service is EXCELLENT, SUPERB, and possibly the BEST I have ever seen. How do two closely related divisions in the same company vary so wildly?

Totally agree 110%.

This might be the first VMK decision that actually results in Disney getting less money out of me. I'm one of those AP'ers who calendar when we are eligible to do park quests again and go to the park right about then, whether we otherwise would or not. We do that for one reason only -- to get stuff to trade in the game. It's funny to hear my girls look at the calendar and say "Dad, we need to go to Disneyland on Sunday." And I'll laugh and ask "Need?" And they shriek and say yes, they NEED to go to get whatever quest we are eligible for next.

That red space suit is the coolest thing offered in park right now, and there will come a day this summer when my girls would be saying we "need" to go to Disneyland, and I will reply "Why, so you can get a second untradeable magic pin?" And then we will simply go the next time we had some other reason to go. It might be a few days. It might be a month.

Rare is the day that I go to Disneyland without dropping an extra $40 on food, pins or other crap, so that day we put off until the next time will cost Disney somewhere between $40 and $100.

I can probably pocket the savings and go to eBay and buy us all 2 or 3 of those pins. Say ... maybe this is a great idea. Double the magic for half of my money. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Thank you for pointing this out. I was fortunate enough to get to the park (a rare thing for me) earlier in the month.

I input all three codes. One I intended to keep, one I gifted and the third was to be used toward a Princess Minne Hat Offer. Oh drat!

ISN'T the POINT of VMK to bring the Magic Kingdom to you, so those who can't experience going to WDW or DLR can access the Magic Kingdom at home? Oh wait my mistake, it's just a way for VMK to make everyone go to WDW or DLR.
Actually it is a way for VMK to market travel to WDW and/or DLR. It was created for the 50th anniversary celebration...really a marketing ploy to hype up going to the parks during the celebration. VMK became a success so they kept it up, but in the end, it still is a giant advertisement for park travel.

That doesn't mean I agree with the decisions they have made regarding this (or other things) because I don't...I think this is a very bad move (and I'm sure they'll be hearing about it), but in regards to this particular comment...it really wasn't about bringing the MK to your home, but trying to get you to go there.

What I want to know is:
If Yavn and the vmk hosts read these forums as some people claim, why do they do things to P.O. the vmk players? This just does not make any sense to me. If yavn and the hosts are reading the forum to see what people think wouldn't they **TRY** to do things to please the players and not to upset the players?

I'm thinking that VMK needs some kind of an "player advisory board" made up of members of different Disney forums like DIS to tell them when their ideas really stink.
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I do agree that it seems odd that if they read this site (and other sites), why they keep making decisions that they know would only anger people? I know they could say "well we DIDN'T know it would anger them" but all you have to do is read through the various threads to get a feel for what people like and don't like in the game. It's really unfortunate they don't use what they read to their advantage.

just wondering in light of all the things happening the last few weeks if this is the beginning of the end of VMK.....don't care what it says in the newsletter looks like the writing is on the wall to me.

:teacher:

just wondering in light of all the things happening the last few weeks if this is the beginning of the end of VMK.....don't care what it says in the newsletter looks like the writing is on the wall to me.

Honestly, that is what I've been thinking as well....especially with the news about DLR.

*Nods in agreement*

If VMK isn't going to bring money to Disney, then why keep the game running? It costs a lot of money to keep this up and running. They have to make it viable to keep around. I'm just wondering what going to happen next.:confused3

Oh well. I guess we'll all have to just get lives if they do close down VMK. :(

Honestly, that is what I've been thinking as well....especially with the news about DLR.

Yep, me too.

Redsfan

I wonder how all those people who spent $200+ on ebay for a stitch hat will feel if VMK comes to and end.:scared1: :eek:

the blank cards, with used codes go for $50 each so it isnt a total loss

since when has VMK had "Good" Customer Service?

since Day 1 VMK has had the worst customer service I have ever seen, from any company. Toontown customer service is EXCELLENT, SUPERB, and possibly the BEST I have ever seen. How do two closely related divisions in the same company vary so wildly?

Because VMK is free, and Toontown costs $15 a month. They'll lose money right away if someone cancels their Toontown subscription.

I hope VMK doesn't end anytime soon, I just discovered it last month! :scared:

Because VMK is free, and Toontown costs $15 a month. They'll lose money right away if someone cancels their Toontown subscription.

I hope VMK doesn't end anytime soon, I just discovered it last month! :scared:

That shouldnt make one shred of difference. VMK is a promotional tool to get people to go to the parks. Google is free yet I have gotten excellent customer service from them. AOL was not free for a long long time and their customer service was awful.

And Toontown is only $9.99 a month (or it was) and $60 a year. Unless they changed something but I havent noticed it on my bank statement. And I pay by the year.

Having JUST returned from a week-long business trip, trying to catch up on you dont want to know how many threads. But after reading this -

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?

What is the point of making an in-park quest item non-tradeable?!?!

And I guess the one that a friend is having fun playing with while I'm gone on my trip is now a gift, huh? (enjoy - it looks good on you!)

But VMK, come on!!! What's the point? Making a park quest item not able to trade only makes scamming via code trading higher.

Bad decision vmk. Sorry, I'm supportive when I can be, but this makes NO sense.

"Welcome back from your trip Jegrezo. Your Red Space Magic is valueless now."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter