• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Redeeming Canadian Ticket Offer

We actually upgraded our canadian tickets to annual passes at a ticket booth in the TTC. The tickets had been validated earlier at the GR office in Disney Springs since we weren't sure we'd want to upgrade :goodvibes

Awesome, I was going to add to my post that if there is no line, give it a try anyway. I actually tried at the ticket booth at Epcot (Boardwalk Entrance) and was told to go to guest relations for an upgrade. Outside DHS in the guest services line they told me I could activate at the ticket booth if I wasn't making changes, same was stated at Epcot guest services inside the park.

Just bought my tickets online this week. Do they mail the voucher to you? We will be in the Disney area a day early and it would be nice to be able to activate the tickets before our 1st day.

Just bought my tickets online this week. Do they mail the voucher to you? We will be in the Disney area a day early and it would be nice to be able to activate the tickets before our 1st day.

I received an email with a barcode. I am planning to print that out and visit DS to activate the tickets before going on a cruise. We will visit WDW after the cruise.

Did you get the value you paid or the value of the ticket?
You used to have to use the ticket first for park entry, then you got the value of the ticket. If you didn't use the ticket first for park entry, then you just got the value you paid. Not sure this is true anymore.

You should have had to specify at checkout whether you wanted them mailed or whether you wanted to pick them up at the park. If the former, you would have been charged a delivery fee.

You used to have to use the ticket first for park entry, then you got the value of the ticket. If you didn't use the ticket first for park entry, then you just got the value you paid. Not sure this is true anymore.

The rules all changed in February. Disney is now able to assign a value to your ticket based on when it was issued. You only get the value they assigned to the ticket. No need to enter the park first before doing upgrades. I liked the way the system used to work because you weren't penalized for annual price increases. Now tickets I purchase last year (2016) if I want to upgrade them I would have to pay the price increase plus additional amounts for the extra features/days I want to add. (Very expensive when you take our $ into consideration)

On the plus side I determined last week that we can probably tour the parks quite comfortably without park hoppers next year. No need to upgrade my 2016 tickets.

Apparently you can use the resort concierge to pick up tickets ,can anyone verify this

The rules all changed in February. Disney is now able to assign a value to your ticket based on when it was issued. You only get the value they assigned to the ticket. No need to enter the park first before doing upgrades. I liked the way the system used to work because you weren't penalized for annual price increases. Now tickets I purchase last year (2016) if I want to upgrade them I would have to pay the price increase plus additional amounts for the extra features/days I want to add. (Very expensive when you take our $ into consideration)

On the plus side I determined last week that we can probably tour the parks quite comfortably without park hoppers next year. No need to upgrade my 2016 tickets.
:sad:

Just back and the quickest way for us to exchange the tickets was at the guest services at MK the day of. Literally took 2 minutes. Waited for 20 mins plus on two separate occasions at Disney springs and it was a waste of time they were so unorganized there

I don't know how it works at WDW because we haven't used those ones yet but we also used the deal for Disneyland. We went straight to the gate, showed our passports, got pictures taken and got our tickets. It took no extra time than arriving with regular pre purchased tickets.

Just back and the quickest way for us to exchange the tickets was at the guest services at MK the day of. Literally took 2 minutes. Waited for 20 mins plus on two separate occasions at Disney springs and it was a waste of time they were so unorganized there
We used guest services in Disney springs on our arrival day May 9, walked right in and had it all taken care of in 2 minutes..... found them to be very organized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter