Redeeming Disney Reward Dollars

Hollymom1229

Art's Girl
I am a Disney Visa holder and have racked up quite a few reward points. I would like to use them on our upcoming trip for meals mainly. I was hoping someone could share their experiences with me on using the reward dollars at WDW restaurants. Were there any that wouldn't accept it, and which ones did. Thanks.

During our trip in Feb 2004, I redeemed our reward dollars. At the end of the meal, I just gave the server the rewards card (instead of the room key with charging privileges) and they ran it through like any other credit card. Used our dollars at Flying Fish, Citricos and Bistro de Paris before they ran out. It was at BdP that they did run out, so the excess amount of the bill just got charged back to the room. There were no issues at any of these places about using the rewards (although, like you, I was concerned before my first usage, but it turned out to be no problem).

Virtually every restaurant in DW will accept your rewards card. We have never encountered a problem. For some odd reason, the food seems to taste better when the meal is free! ::yes::

It was very easy to redeem our Disney rewards. The only place where I had trouble was an ice cream cart in Adventureland. The CM was new and not sure how to run it through. Other than that, we used it easily at both counter service and sit down restaurants.

This will be my first cashing in experience as well. How long did the transaction take place up-front by VISA? We're leaving end of June and I'm wanting to hold on as long as I can but don't want to miss out on receiving the Disney reward voucher........

When do you suggest I ask for the rewards?

thanks.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave2:

It's not a voucher. You will get a card (like a credit card) and you can add dream reward dollars to it whenever once it is activated. Call now (the number is on your credit card statement) and have them send you a card. There will be an expiration date on the card. Mine is 12/05 and I got my card in January 04. We'll be adding to our 70 or so dream reward dollars for our October trip and I plan to use those "rewards" for our food. I have also used the card for souvenirs on our Feb. trip. No problems at all!

Originally posted by dzneelvr
This will be my first cashing in experience as well. How long did the transaction take place up-front by VISA? We're leaving end of June and I'm wanting to hold on as long as I can but don't want to miss out on receiving the Disney reward voucher........

When do you suggest I ask for the rewards?

You have to get your rewards dollars downloaded to a card, which looks just like a credit card. For the first time, I think they tell you it is 10 - 14 days to get the card mailed to you. However, once you have the rewards card you can download additional dollars at any time, which occurs immediately. Thus, I would contact BankOne (through the web site or by phone) to get your card now and then download additional dollars to it just before you leave for your trip.

You can also pick up a reward card at DTD guest relations and they have phones there you can use to call Bank One customer service to activate it and transfer your points. Its takes about 10-15 minutes and you are good to go. We went to eat lunch at CP right after we got our card and had no problems at all.

Our trip is May 29-June 12 so we will not get our current rewards til right before we leave so the May months points will be cycled in already.

What is the minimum amount of reward points that you cash in to get the Reward card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter