Redo Voodoo - Instead of June 2020, planning for June 2021

@mdsouth

i Hope everyone is ready to make dining reservations. I have my list in progress for my TA.

I actually started mine today, since my trip is 5/29 - 6/5. Unfortunately because it’s a split stay, I could only book for the first part of my trip this morning, at GF. I didn’t realize Covid had changed that and it’s a real bummer. I have not had this difficult of a time trying to get the most coveted ADRs before...I couldn’t get CRT except at lunch on 6/1, which is the day I’m switching over to YC and had planned to be at AK that day. I have Touring Plans alerts going through so hopefully it will work out. I wanted it or BOG for my birthday dinner but right now got Narcoosee's.

I am trying to minimize unnecessary back and forth which is why I am sticking to the MK area for the first few days and Epcot area for the second leg. I did get Beaches and Cream the evening of 6/1 in case I don’t want to head into Epcot for whatever reason. I am really not planning on doing too many ADRs for the YC part since I will be mostly eating at the festival booths, but I want to have a couple of backups just in case I get tired of it. My beloved Spice Road Table is walkup only now anyway. I am mainly worried about Droid Depot and just getting a chair at SAB on my pool day because of capacity. I actually managed to get a cabana at GF on Memorial Day for that reason but I’m scared SAB will be way worse and I’ll need to get one for there too.

Happy to join this thread! We were there in February and are going again later this month, but DH says Feb-April is too long lol so also just booked a trip June 5-9th! Right now staying at CSR in a preferred room with my discount but may move if something else comes up. I've been to Universal in June, but it's the only month I haven't been to WDW so I get to check that off my list!

Thanks for the advice on Athleta. I will check it out. I had planned on bringing a bunch of disposables. But, I like the idea of bringing a few types.

I’m just chiming in... when we were there in November, we each packed several different styles of masks in our park bags each day so we could swap out... they do get sweaty and a little stale-smelling after a while. We found switching back and forth between disposable and cloth a few times throughout the day helped... and we washed the cloth ones out in the evening and let them air dry a day or two before putting them back into rotation. Good luck!

I booked my ADRs this morning! I got *most* of what I wanted. I couldn't get Oga's Cantina 60 days out (no surprise there). I couldn't get Mickey's A La Art 62 days out, but I could book it for our 65 days out.

Restaurants I had no difficulty booking: Liberty Tree Tavern, Beaches & Cream, and Rose & Crown.

How did everyone else's ADRs go?

I booked my ADRs this morning! I got *most* of what I wanted. I couldn't get Oga's Cantina 60 days out (no surprise there). I couldn't get Mickey's A La Art 62 days out, but I could book it for our 65 days out.

Restaurants I had no difficulty booking: Liberty Tree Tavern, Beaches & Cream, and Rose & Crown.

Did you try for a later Oga date? I am still two weeks out from booking. Super curious as to whether I will get everything I want.

No luck at Yak & Yeti (which surprised me) or Oga's (which did not). I was able to book Liberty Tree, Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi and Beaches & Cream, although not always at the times I wanted.

We will be there a week, but we are doing a split stay, so it made it a bit challenging to only be able to book 3-4 days at a time.

Actually I just looked and Disney Springs Open Table reservations are open for my stay so I just booked Wine Bar George and The Boathouse!

Did you try for a later Oga date? I am still two weeks out from booking. Super curious as to whether I will get everything I want.

I did not. The only day we could reserve DHS was our arrival day, and we don't have hoppers.

I just checked now though, and June 9 has plenty of availability for a party of 2. I checked some times for June 7 and June 8, and the times I checked have nothing. So, it seems like you want to have your DHS day be 65 days or more when you book ADRs if you can swing that.

Pretty lousy, though I did manage to score 50s Primetime for a late lunch on 6/4. I really had to use all the tricks I knew and had to look for parties of 3-4, etc.

Never had such problems with ADRs before but I guess it's the limited seating.

Something I learned last night is that Homecoming accepts reservations over the phone. So I am booked for brunch there June 27th. Now all my Disney Springs reservations are set. Just need to get to 60 days to book the rest!

I got an email from TouringPlans yesterday... park hours were extended for the first half of June!

Does anyone know when the ADRs for the extended times will go live for booking? I haven't seen any availability open up yet.

We're still on at the Poly (rented DVC points) from June 19-26. Super bummed about the monorail and 'Ohana, those were announced after we'd booked our nonrefundable rooms.

Kept waiting on the other shoe to drop, so to speak, where WDW would close again or something so I procrastinated in booking tickets/park reservations. By the time I did it (Easter Sunday) HS was only available on Sunday, 6/20, so I grabbed it.

Hoping to book a VIP tour that Sunday anyway, which would help (Grandma's paying!)

My daughter (11) was recently diagnosed as allergic to: gluten, dairy and soy and her diet has suddenly become quite complicated and she's not been feeling well for months. Now to find out if I can get her a custom cake made with those restrictions!

Up next! ADRs next week.

We're still on at the Poly (rented DVC points) from June 19-26. Super bummed about the monorail and 'Ohana, those were announced after we'd booked our nonrefundable rooms.

Kept waiting on the other shoe to drop, so to speak, where WDW would close again or something so I procrastinated in booking tickets/park reservations. By the time I did it (Easter Sunday) HS was only available on Sunday, 6/20, so I grabbed it.

Hoping to book a VIP tour that Sunday anyway, which would help (Grandma's paying!)

My daughter (11) was recently diagnosed as allergic to: gluten, dairy and soy and her diet has suddenly become quite complicated and she's not been feeling well for months. Now to find out if I can get her a custom cake made with those restrictions!

Up next! ADRs next week.

If it's any consolation, at least you can walk to the TTC to catch the monorail there, and the resort launch is a nice and tranquil way to get home (I prefer it then over rope drop).

Not sure if you're aware or not, but if you want to ride Rise of the Resistance on your HS day, you will still need to grab a boarding group even if you take that VIP tour (can your grandma adopt me??).

Re: allergies, I would contact Erin McKenna's bakery at Disney Springs, I believe they are still open. They are amazing for allergy friendly desserts especially if you have multiple allergies, and I know they do custom cakes. I only have a tree nut allergy but Disney is probably the best place on earth to eat with allergies.

Start looking late Monday evening, but it’ll probably be Tuesday

So, I've been sitting here refreshing my dining request on Disney's website for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I've been doing this about every hour all weekend, and nothing has popped.

Well, a moment ago, I hit "refresh" on my dining request for our date for Magic Kingdom, and a reservation appeared! I was so excited! Seriously, I froze, thinking, "omg, omg this is it!"

It was just an opening for Tony's Town Square :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter