Redweek: Too Good to be True?

LandonDunes

Mouseketeer
4nts in a 2BR villa at Wildnerness Boulder Rodge for our dates, would be $7k rack rate ($1600/nt + tax). That’s room only! I found the same exact dates on Redweek for a 2br villa for under $2700 ($552/nt + taxes and fees).

That’s unreal! How is that even possible?

4nts in a 2BR villa at Wildnerness Boulder Rodge for our dates, would be $7k rack rate ($1600/nt + tax). That’s room only! I found the same exact dates on Redweek for a 2br villa for under $2700 ($552/nt + taxes and fees).

People can charge whatever they want, so maybe it's a great deal. On the other hand, I don't think Redweek is immune to scams

If it's on redweek, it's probably a DVC member renting out a reservation.

PS there are no taxes or fees on DVC points reservations. You could use the points charts publicly available to calculate the points required for your dates, then divide the $2700 rental price by that number of points. If the price comes out to between $15-25 per point, that's in the ballpark of a DVC rental.

If it's a Verified and Protected rental on RedWeek, then it's legitimate.

PS there are no taxes or fees on DVC points reservations. You could use the points charts publicly available to calculate the points required for your dates, then divide the $2700 rental price by that number of points. If the price comes out to between $15-25 per point, that's in the ballpark of a DVC rental.

If it's a Verified and Protected rental on RedWeek, then it's legitimate.
It was Verified and protected. And it is now linked to my Disney account.

The price on the DVC site is 197 pts so it actually comes in a little less than that. I realize there are no fees on DVC but RedWeek charged a fee. Either way, if I went on Dis website, they’re charging $1600/nt for the same room. I realize it’s not the same as going through DVC but I’m paying the same amount as my original booking for a studio at Boulder Ridge Villas…but now have a 2br.

Last edited:
People can charge whatever they want, so maybe it's a great deal. On the other hand, I don't think Redweek is immune to scams
That was my concern but it was Verified and Protected and I saw the DVC confirmation so it worked. They’re all over RedWeek and seem to be just as good deals as going through another 3rd party vendor but what do I know.

That was my concern but it was Verified and Protected and I saw the DVC confirmation so it worked. They’re all over RedWeek and seem to be just as good deals as going through another 3rd party vendor but what do I know.
Happy that you got a great deal.

What is Verified and Protected?
Some listings in redweek are verified and protected. They cost a little more, but have been verified to be legitimate listings and are backed by redweek. Other listings are just timeshare owners listing their weeks for rent on their site.

Some listings in redweek are verified and protected. They cost a little more, but have been verified to be legitimate listings and are backed by redweek. Other listings are just timeshare owners listing their weeks for rent on their site.
Oh, ok. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter